Thanks for the store supplies!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by ShadowCard, Dec 22, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

I just received a league kit complete with supplies (pencils, paper, a shirt and pen, and a lot of signs (most of them advertising Ex: Dragon)). It was apparently sent two day delivery *pats PUSA/PUI on the back for their thoughts* (Could someone explain to me the difference between the PUI and the PUSA? Too many acronyms *holds head*). It also contains 5 promo Bagon cards. I'm wondering what these are for.

Sorry if this should be in the organized play board. It seems like that is more geared owards the announcing of tourneys so I wasn't sure.

2. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Did it come with any instructions or letter? Are you a Professor/Gym Leader/Tournament Organizer? Maybe this is another special gift like the holiday greeting card or it could be the Season Five kit? Do the Bagon Promos have a stamp on them, if so, what is the stamp(s)?

Pokemon USA Inc. - PUI
    Pokemon USA - PUSA

Basically the same company... just different ways people use the company name.
    -Phil

3. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

I am going to speculate that it could be a league 5 kit...

I went to Pokemon-TCG.com and you can now order league 5 kits.....

4. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

I'm a professor and the gym leader at the store. i thought it was the 5th kit but I haven't ordered it yet. No instructions. It was a box this time, not a folder.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2003
  5. P_A

P_A Active Member

Inside an envelope marked preferred customer, or preferred store or something of the sort was a card as well. Oh, and don't forget the fancy/smancy crepe gift wrap type packing paper as well. The bagon promos just had a small promo star on the bottom but no stamp per se. There was a sign, more or less some sort of hanging thing, like a mobile you'd hang near a fan so it would spin showing the 4 pictures of the dragons. There was a packing slip, but no real instructions. My guess is that it is a gift for the store. Seeing that the store owner didn't want any of the stuff that was sent, we split up the stuff between myself, my co-gym leader and a few of the people that showed up for Saturday's league. Thanks a lot, I'll be putting up one of the posters, while wearing my new T-shirt, and enjoying having some of the promos.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  6. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

It is mainly for advertising, I guess the use Promos are of the choice of the user who got them. I walked away with most of the posters and stuff, I plan to use the promos as a part of my next tournament for the top winners. I love the T-Shirt and its a nice change from the Professor Polo shirt or the Pokemon World Championship T-Shirt I have. As for duplicate posters, I gave them to kids at league today and posted a couple in the store. My store didn't want to be flanted with Pokemon ads so it was nice to take these home with me. Now one half of my walls is covered in Pokemon Posters.

7. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

Hello all.

I got my box of supplies....

My WOTC League store received the what I call the "Thank You Kit" for having leagues from Pokemon.. The manager gave the entire box to me since they are closing.. The T-shirt is cool!!!!

Thanks again PUI.......

8. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

9. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

How about scans of the promo and T-shirt? :D

10. P_A

P_A Active Member

As far as I can tell, Brian, the promo looks exactly like the scrye and inquest promos, but without the extra "scrye" or "inquest" stamp. The T-shirt is black (preshrunk, size xl) with a logo on the front, and it has a pretty cool picture on the back.

11. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

I just checked the with owner of the place that runs league in the area and he has not gotten anything yet. Hope soon these shirts sound really cool.

12. Mr. Raichu

Mr. Raichu New Member

what was the picture of on the T-shirt.

13. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

The Pic on the shirt is scene from Dragons TV comercial, with the brick wall and Salamances Shadow on it on the back of the shirt....

14. Gym Leader Blaine

I checked with my local league this weekend and they still have not gotten the T-shirt or other stuff :(

15. Gym Leader Blaine

Well I got a call from the Game Keeper store in the area and they just got one of the kits and since they are closing they let me have it :D IM so happy. Really liked the shirt that comes with it.

16. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

What a crock :mad: - based upon GLB's post, I thought to give the local (closing) WotC a call..."Yes, we received two kits for the 'Dragon' league [refering to the Bagon cards thay contained]... I'll check and see what, if anything, remains of them and call you back."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

17. Gym Leader Blaine

Hope they call you back and are able to get them. I was called by a friend of mine that works there. The owner was okay givening me them for the reason she doesnt support and OP for the past year.

18. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Is there any rhyme or reason to how these are being sent out, to what stores?

I just checked with our store last night at league, and we have not received one of these; if these were sent out in 'order' of store league signup, we should have been pretty high up on the list...

:confused: :(

'mom

19. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Wonder if only the larger stores are getting them. We haven't received any at either of my leagues.

20. professorbix

professorbix New Member

strange..........haven't showed up here in Pa either....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.