Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The best anphy ex deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
This deck has a record of 17/1. Last night, it smoked the compition at the city championship at Auburn,Ma. I want it to be in the best shape for state's in mass.. Can you guys help?
Pokemon(24):
Mareepx4 (anyone that can paralyze)
Flaaffyx3(aqupioulios perfered)
AmpharosEXx3
Cacneax3
Cacturnex2
Eeveex4(signs)
Espeonx2
Jolteonx1(sky ridge)
Minunx2
Trainers(20):
Oraclex3
Low pressure systemx2
Fishermanx2
Master ballx2
Professor oak's researchx3
TV Reporterx2
Switchx2
Rare candyx2
Copycatx2
energy(16):
Boost energyx3
Lightingx13

There is no real streatery for this deck. You play them as they come.Could you guys also mension decks that could beat this, other then b.a.r.. Thanks in advanded:).

Last edited:
Suggestion

- 1 Mareep
- 1 Cacnea
- 1 Eevee
+ 3 Dunsparce (perfect bench filler)
- 2 Master Ball
+ 2 Fast Ball (1st Dunsparce fills the bench, then get the evo's out)

Other than that, this is a deck quite to my liking.

Yeah, I tried sparce but usually I would get 2/3 basic every time. As for fast ball, that might be better then a master ball cause like I said, I get basic by the the buntiful. Thanks.

Last edited:
Venusaur said:
No offense but you shouldnt say that this is the "best amphy ex deck". You will get bashed by other people. Like me. I could see how espeon helps against gardevoir, but cacturne?? Minun?? Jolteon??
Up the Oak's research and TV Reporter to 4 each.
Decks that could beat this besides BAR? Gardevoir, Aggron ex, Ampharos ex, Armaldo, Golem..
Oh yea you said you wanted to fix it for states, but by then magma/aqua will be out so you should wait for that.

skyridge machamp, kindraEX, blazikenNinetales and also depending on the set up; salamance, flygon, Vwbeatle........

Last edited:
Venusaur said:
No offense but you shouldnt say that this is the "best amphy ex deck". You will get bashed by other people. Like me. I could see how espeon helps against gardevoir, but cacturne?? Minun?? Jolteon??
Up the Oak's research and TV Reporter to 4 each.
Decks that could beat this besides BAR? Gardevoir, Aggron ex, Ampharos ex, Armaldo, Golem..etc...the question isnt what can beat this, but what can't.
Oh yea you said you wanted to fix it for states, but by then magma/aqua will be out so you should wait for that.
How can you question the power of cacturne? The card is like crow except it can be used in the lather of the game. Also, who plays golem? Nobody I know. Jolteon is for free retreat. Aggron ex. How? Amphy has resitence and once agian, cacture. It goes thourgh the resistance and metal. Gardavior I could see and maybe armaldo, if it gets out faster then me. As for minun, he was a last second replacement for electabuzz ex. It might go out, though. I havn't seen a spoiler for magma/aqua, so I can't relay on the set too much. As for the title, I couldn't think of anything else. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
brian you make it seem like your deck is invincible once you get out your amphy, trust me, it isnt

wait till you go against my deck tomorrow, well see how "invincible" it is. your resistance isnt gonna help you at all little man :p

regice froze you said:
How can you question the power of cacturne? The card is like crow except it can be used in the lather of the game. Also, who plays golem? Nobody I know. Jolteon is for free retreat. Aggron ex. How? Amphy has resitence and once agian, cacture. It goes thourgh the resistance and metal. Gardavior I could see and maybe armaldo, if it gets out faster then me. As for minun, he was a last second replacement for electabuzz ex. It might go out, though. I havn't seen a spoiler for magma/aqua, so I can't relay on the set too much. As for the title, I couldn't think of anything else. Thanks for your time.

resistance doesnt help VS aggronEX, he hits you for 20-30 and you cant dammage him (with the metal and xatu) and the 20 apice to the bench ADDS up fast! cacturn hits for 40 to one of my bench, so i hit him for 50 and like 80 total damage to your bench. dont worry about gardy, if you include ditto you should be set. Dont lol dont use elecabuzz Ex, use ditto instead, ifact replace the minue with 2 ditto

Minun could be useful crushing those pesky Poke-power pokemon, but it has limited use elsewhere. Sure, it can crush Gardevoir in 3 hits, but can't Wobbuffet do the same in one turn??

As for Golem, my friend plays them, and its quite effective once it gets going.

You need to make room for 2 Ampharos exp which has the power to send basic nrgs from the bench to the active. With Switch you can pull the Nurse combo on Amphy ex. Switch to say Dunsparce, move nrg to Sparce, Nurse on Amphy ex discarding 0, retreat Sparce for 1 nrg and send Amphy ex, send nrg back to Amphy ex. The classic Amphy ex deck uses Wobuffet largely for Gardevoir but Espeon should work too. Espeon and Amphy exp can take out opposing Wobuffets quite well. Wobuffet might be better against BAR or Blazquaza. Cacturne doesn't seem like it helps against any deck and it certainly doesn't help against Aggron ex. Aggron ex ko's Cacturne way before Cacturne ko's Aggron. It does 40 and has no resistance to Aggron ex while Amphy ex just does 30 or 0 and paralyzed, basically a setback. You could add Crystal Shard for Rayquaza or Flygon who this deck loses to. For either Wob or Espy you could add some Psychic in place of Electric since Amphy exp has to discard all Electric.

I have no problem with flygon. I beet my friends deck, which is no pushover. I also changed my deck. Here's the new one:

3 Dunsparce
4 Mareep
3 flaafy
3 Ampharos
3 Eevee
2 Espeon
1 Jolteon
3 Cacnea
2 Cacturne
2 Switch
2 Low Preesure System
3 Oak's Research
2 Reporter
3 Oracle
2 Crystal Shard
3 Elm's Training Method
2 Fisherman
3 Boost
14 :lightning

p.s. Nick, I never said if I get Amphy out, I am going to win. If I implied that, then sorry. Also, Thanks to all who helped me with this. I will keep making changes.

Last edited:
played two b.a.r. decks and beat both of them. I lost too one after, though, but I was because I had only two energy so it eat me bad. As for aggron, I played only one and won but it had wailord, not xatu.

Last edited:
As for aggron, I played only one and won but it had wailord, not xatu.

Yeah Brian but that was against a 9 year old.

Anyhow you do have a nice deck and you gotta love Amphy's power. It even goes through Metal. Good luck at States.

=-->]-[0t (V)uSt|d<--= said:
brian you make it seem like your deck is invincible once you get out your amphy, trust me, it isnt

wait till you go against my deck tomorrow, well see how "invincible" it is. your resistance isnt gonna help you at all little man :p

Play me at states, nick. Picture this: you have just knocked out one of my pokemon with aggron who has four metal. On your bench is the four xatu and a Linoone. My bench constist of mareep(with 3 energy) and a voltorb with three. I send out voltorb, draw and evolve into electrode. GAME OVER :cool: ! Reason: Electrode has an attack that knocks out the defending pokemon and itself. Do I need to explain the rest? Good luck with your deck, because it takes colorless energy :D.

btw, if you beat BAR with this deck, they must have been mentally retarded and you have a REALLLY hard time right now with aggron and its just a full on bench assult

id almost pay to be matched up vs deck like this at a tourny

MountainDewSnorter said:
btw, if you beat BAR with this deck, they must have been mentally retarded and you have a REALLLY hard time right now with aggron and its just a full on bench assult

id almost pay to be matched up vs deck like this at a tourny

Do you play AIM battles? If so, AIM me at RecnepS0070 and we'll battle. If there's one thing I hate more than a guy who disrespects people, especially when it comes to just a game, it's a guy who disrespects people about a game he doesn't know his way around. So we'll battle online sometime. Lay off on the insults. Is your deck's record 17 and 1? Did you come in first at your CC? If so, sorry for asking those questions, but I highly doubt it.

Hope to battle you soon,

Wooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back