The Better Poisoner...

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Greenmel555, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Greenmel555

Greenmel555 New Member

So I'm torn on what to play in my poison deck, its between-

Vileplume-
    Pokepower- Flip a coin, if heads the defending pokemon is poisoned

Crobat-
    Pokepower- When you evolve into Crobat from your hand, the defending pokemon is poisoned, take 2 damage counters instead of 1 inbetween turns.

Muk-
    Pokebody- If any of your opponents active pokemon have a grass energy attached they are now poisoned.

Vileplume can use it more frequently but 50%
    Crobat is for sure and 2x poison, but seldom use
    Muk stage 1 and pokebody, auto poison only if they have a multi/DRE/aSCBLE/grass/Castform/Electrod

I need to poison without being active and these are the only guys I can think of?
    Whose the best to use?

2. NidoPrince

NidoPrince New Member

IMO, none of the above. I prefer Nidoking. It's 2 C, plus a choice of who you want to do it to... the only drawback is that it's a stage 2.

The best non-active is Cacturne. You need Sidney's, though.

3. Deidara

Deidara New Member

Maybe, I would choose Muk because there are a lot of Special Energies these days. So, its Poke-Body can be useful...

4. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

I would say Venusaur SW, if you have 2 of them in play and you flip 2 coins heads you can have 2 Sp Conditions. The other one is Cacturne PK+Sidneys Stadium, that will make a poison every turn.

5. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Nidoking. This card is so overlooked.

6. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

It is hard to choose since the unown is the deck your building. If it is a Grass deck, I would opt for Venusaur as mentioned above as you can get a chance of Multiple Conditions. Cacturne is an Auto Poison and has a CCC attack cost so is splashable and CG Cacnea has CFF. Muk is an almost auto as it is reliant on your opponent's energy. Mortar and Blissey use Scramble, but it isn't there for long! Crobat is a S2 and its attack is horrible.

So there you have it, it really depends on the rest of the deck!

GL!
    ~Prof. Fish~

7. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

Cacturne PK can auto Poison as long as you have Sydney's Stadium in play

8. flariados

flariados New Member

Venusaur

9. Greenmel555

Greenmel555 New Member

Thanks guys, I forgot all about Cacturn, I'll probably use it since its the most consistent. I was originally planning on making the deck psychic to play off weakness, but I'd rather play with Cacturn now that I've thought of a new deck.

10. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

It would be fun to have a Cacturne Wailord deck.

11. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

how about this idea for a poison deck:

4-4 Venomoth
    3-2 Slowking
    4-3-3 Dusknoir
    Venomoth puts the pokemon that attack Venomoth Asleep, but on top of that, it also poisons!
    But with only 80HP, it's fairly weak so take your advantage and put in stuff like Dusknoir en Slowking that turn your KO'd pokemon into extra damage and free card searches.

12. Destinii Haruya

Destinii Haruya New Member

Toxicroak or Nidoking. Or a combo of them both. I'd run 2-4 Toxicroak, 4-2-4 Nidoking, and a lot of Rare Candy. :p

13. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Ariados is nice. Poison or Paralysis.

14. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

I noticed that Koffing have an great attack: Smogscreen.
    Poisons and makes the opponent flip a cion in order to attack.

15. Ikari

Ikari New Member

Cacturne PK (Conditional)
    Vileplume HP (d) (Flip Coin)
    Qwilfish SW (Flip Coin)
    Venusaur SW (Flip Coin)
    Crobat MT (Once, for Evolution)
    Muk SW (Conditional)
    Venomoth SW (If it gets attacked)

Them poison from Powers or bodys...

16. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

Venusaur. It is the best =D. 4 out flip, say 3 coins heads. you have an opponents active poisoned, burned and asleep, ahhhhh i wish that ariados UF was still in format lol.