Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The BIG Farewell Tournament - London September 13th

Toonpark

To mark the end of WOTC production of Pokémon the London Profs have organised one last bash to see out the old era.

Format is UNLIMITED - all WOTC produced cards are legal including Ancient Mew and Birthday Pikachu!

There is a huge list of prizes on offer and nobody goes home empty handed. The event is open to players of ALL ages

Full details of prizes and much more can be found at the event website http://www.emus.co.uk

pricipal details are:

DATE
Saturday September 13th 2003

VENUE
Westbourne Community Centre
Roman Way
LONDON N7

Price £5:00 per player - Spectators free

Doors open for registration at 10:00am
Tournament starts at 11:00am

The tournament comprises of 5 rounds of matchplay (best of three games) swiss with the top eight players going into a boosterdraft single elimination playoff.

The timings for the days competition are as follows:

Registration Opens: 10:00
Please have a decklist prepared to save time when registering.

Round One
11:00 - 11:45

Round Two
11:55 - 12:40

Lunch Break 12:40 - 13:15

Round Three
13:15 - 14:00

Round Four
14:10 - 14:55

Round Five
15:05 - 15:50

Prize giving for ninth place onwards

Top Eight Draft and Deckbuilding
16:15 - 17:00

Elimination Round 1
17:00 - 17:40

Elimination Round 2
17:45 - 18:25

Final
18:30 - Whenever It Finishes

All rounds, including top eight elimination rounds are best of three games.

All finished by 19:30

Hope to see as many as possible of you all there !! :D :thumb:

This sounds cool, I want to come along, but London is really out of the way. I'll have to see if I can arrange something...

Man i wish i lived in england cause this sound so cool. good luck with the tourny and to those that do get to go. unless someone wants to buy me a plane ticket any takers? no didnt think so well good luck and have fun.

Sorry Monkey but the event budget will not run to a plane ticket, sorry !!

Thanks for the offer of coverage in Scrye Irwin, hope you can get it in in time.

Android17a - Where in the country are you coming from, maybee someone could give you a lift.

Toonpark said:
Format is UNLIMITED - all WOTC produced cards are legal including Ancient Mew and Birthday Pikachu!

DATE
Saturday September 13th 2003

I wish I could get a plane ticket for this one. :( I would love to play in a tournament that I could use Birthday Pikachu, since Sept 13 is my b-day and I would be able to use his little extra attack. O well there is always next year :rolleyes:

Gym Leader Blaine said:
I wish I could get a plane ticket for this one. :( I would love to play in a tournament that I could use Birthday Pikachu, since Sept 13 is my b-day and I would be able to use his little extra attack. O well there is always next year :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you will miss out on your big chance to do serious damage Blaine. It will be interesting to see if anyone turns up with this card on their birthday; obviously we are going to need to see some proof that their claim is true !!

Will be there with Shaun.If wanted I will judge if we've got the three judge system,'cos I dooooo so want to play in the last WOTC tourney! Have not got a clue what I'm going to play though! I think I'm going to steer clear of the obvious and try to tech against it!

RocketZapdos said:
whats the expected attendance and are you taking pre-registration???

No idea how many we will get on the day, we are able to cater for up to 80 players though so we will just have to wait and see ??

You can pre-register your details by going to the event web site at http://www.emus.co.uk and clicking the e-mail link, remember the event is unsanctioned so DCI numbers aren't required. Look forward to seeing you there :thumb:

TheGame said:
Will be there with Shaun.If wanted I will judge if we've got the three judge system,'cos I dooooo so want to play in the last WOTC tourney! Have not got a clue what I'm going to play though! I think I'm going to steer clear of the obvious and try to tech against it!

Consider your offer of help accepted Martin :clap: Many Thanks. As the event is unsanctioned we are free of a lot of the constraits about who can play so we will be using the multiple judge system again, all qualified profs who turn up may well be called upon so everybody can play.

OK Folks I can now announce the format for the top eight finals at this event....

Sealed Deck

Each player will get the following:
One Random Theme Deck , from one of the first three sets
1 Fossil Booster
2 Team Rocket Boosters
2 Neo Destiny Boosters

You will then have to open all the product and make your 40 card deck to slug it out for the final top eight positions - single elimination.

There is no extra charge for the product for this part of the event and yes the players get to keep it afterwards !!

For those that don't make the top eight but still want to stick around and play we will be running the
'Best of the Rest Slugfest' Booster draft
5 Packs (sets in use TBA) usual booster draft rules apply - we hope to make this extra event free of charge depending on what materials are available but wait for announcements nearer the date.

Sounds like a good format for the top 8 and a possible free b/draft for anyone else.Looking forward to it immensely.Sounds like its going to be a great event!:thumb:

Just a small update to the top eight format to avoid any confusion that there may be. We will be providing additional energy upon request and players will not be limited to using the energy they get in their theme deck !! Pre registration is still open from the link found on the event website at http://www.emus.co.uk

See you there !?

Hey! Just one week to go to the goodbye bash! Hope to see everyone there.Just a quick question Graham,since we are now officially post WOTC and the DCI is now defunct (careful how I type that!) for Pokemon, do we have to have DCI nos. for the tourney as one or two of my players are thinking of going but do not have DCI nos. as they joined late and it was not worth issuing DCI cards.

Just a few more days to go to our big bye-bye bash!For those that want to dust off their Sneasels,Slowkings,Chanseys,Oaks etc be there!! See everybody there! The Game and PokePup comin' at ya!

Just to confirm Martin that players do not require DCI numbers to play in the tourney. The event is unsanctioned so no problem registering your new guys. We will be using reporter for the pairings but that can cope with non DCI players.

Just a general note to everyone coming along the we shall be playing the Wizards rules so you can have one last go at multiple retreats etc!!!

Hey,
Well done to everyone at the tournament, it was great! All Greame and John's hard work payed off, for one of the most fun UK tournaments in a while...

And I won :)

Thanks

Well done Graeme and John,a thoroughly good day had by all! Loads of prizes,no one went home disappointed.A good level of play and no tantrums! Hopefully Graeme will reconsider his decision to quit the game because quite honestly the game in this country needs people like you that can run tourneys and judge in a way that everyone respects! Anyway see everybody at the 4th SE Challenge on 28 Sept.

Just about recovered from the weekend folks, what a great day it was !!

Thanks to all participants who came from all over England to make this a truly memorable send off for the WotC era, What the future brings we can only hope ?!

Special thanks to Martin, Freddy and Craig for their extra help with the judging circuit, the whole thing went off with no real problems or disputes and I was so happy.

I must say a massive well done to John for his TO'ing and the fact he spent 3 hours decorating the hall the night before, the whole event would never have happened without his hard work.

Finally, congrats to Irwin for winning the event !!!

I will post the full results when I get the data from John.

WotC classic tourney next year anybody ???

Back