The Circus! (Donphan/Mime redux)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by mrdraz07, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I was bored yesterday and rebuilt my old Donphan/Mime deck, but with the new set coming out it gets some interesting new tools to play with. Here's what I was thinking:

4-4 Donphan SW
    4 Chatot MD
    3 Mr. Mime MT
    1 Shuckle SW
    4 Unown Q MD
    =20

2 Cyclone
    2 DRE
    1 Boost
    8 Fighting
    1 Multi
    =14

4 Roseanne's
    4 Celio's
    4 ER2
    3 Warp Point
    3 Professor Birch
    2 TGW
    2 Night Maintenance
    4 PlusPower
    =26

Strategy: The old combo with this deck was to get a Phoebe's or Moonlight Stadium in play so that Mime could have free retreat, meaning you can Rapid Spin, forcing your opponent to switch, and giving you a wall to hide behind every turn. This time around, we have several free retreaters. Unown Q has a Pokepower that equips it to a Pokemon of your choice then reduce it's retreat by 1. So you can just equip one to Mr. Mime or Shuckle to basically prevent them from attacking. Chatot is the preferred starter here because he lets you cycle through your deck and set up starting turn 1 for no energy, and it's another free retreater that you can Rapid Spin to.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. piñata

piñata New Member

Lol CHATOT IS AMAZING

No fixes

3. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

I think Shuckle is from SW.

4. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Some spoilers for MD cards, courtesy of PokeBeach:

Unown Q LV.15 – Psychic – HP30
    Basic Pokemon

Poke-power: Quick
    This Power can be used once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench. Discard all cards attached to this Pokemon and attach this Pokemon to 1 of your Pokemon as a Pokemon Tool card. The Pokemon this card is attached to has its retreat cost reduced by 1. (As long as this card is attached to a Pokemon, treat it as a Pokemon Tool card instead of a Pokemon card.)

[C] Hidden Power: 20 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (+10)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 0

Chatot LV.30 – Colorless – HP60
    Basic Pokemon

[.] Mimic: Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, count the number of cards in your opponent’s hand and draw that many cards.
    [C][C] Chatter: 20 damage. The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)
    Resistance: Fighting (-20)
    Retreat: 0

5. XYZ_Sniper

XYZ_Sniper New Member

ill just help u at league ok :lol:

6. KaMewie

KaMewie New Member

Shuckle is from SW. :/

7. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

Didn't Donphan decks run Mismagius to punish something for having 3+ energy in order to attack Mime? And maybe Crystal Beach to make it 3 attachments minimum to start attacking?

Also with your current list, I don't see any good reason to run Bebe over Celio. But if you added in a Claydol line for long-term draw, it would make sense. Also -1 basic searcher, +1 evo searcher.

8. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

There were some versions that ran Mismagius, but IMO they were the more inconsistent ones because of different energy types and whatnot. Also, Mime makes Beach redundant...they have to have 3 energy cards to attack.

I think I meant Celio's...I was just going from memory because I did build a version with Claydol yesterday. I'll fix the list up real quick.

9. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

ahhh i remember my old donphan deck... Mag just totally breaks this deck open though, sadly. =/

10. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I'm not expecting any Mag, though, so it's all good :) this can surprisingly go toe to toe with GG...it's so odd for such a weird deck.

EDIT: 1000th post!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.