The Cleaner

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by kalixiri, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalixiri

kalixiri New Member

Hey, I was wondering if you guys had any input on my Cleaner deck for casual play.

8x Fire Energy
    6x Grass Energy
    4x Double-Colorless Energy
    2x Warp Energy

3x Growlithe (Sandstorm)
    2x Arcanine (Sandstorm)
    3x Magmar (Fossil)
    3x Volbeat
    3x Lickitung (Jungle)
    2x Igglybuff (Neo Discovery)

4x Energy Removal
    3x Gust of Wind
    3x Narrow Gym
    3x Professor Elm
    3x Professor Oak
    3x Switch
    3x Nightly Garbage Run
    2x Gold Berry

Ah, The Cleaner. It was always one of my favorite decks to play, and when I saw Volbeat for the first time, I just had to use it. The traditional Koffings are out in favor Volbeat because it deals out more efficient damage. I switched in the new Sandstorm Arcanine for variety and because he can power up in two turns w/DCE. Oh yeah, he can Burn stuff. :)

For those of you not familiar with the Cleaner strategy:
    Use the pokemon and their status effects to KO as many pokemon as possible while preparing the Cleaner pokemon (Arcanine). After powering up the Cleaner pokemon, make it active to Clean either A) the Prizes or B) the Bench.

I've been gone from the game for a while, so I'm not sure what Supporters I could add, or whether to add any in the first place. Would Chaos Gym be a viable option given Cleaners don't really rely on trainers? Also, is Igglybuff enough to deal with PokePowers? What should I put in to deal with PokeBodies?

2. kalixiri

kalixiri New Member

I guess I have the confirmation of 20 viewers that this deck is invincible, and no improvements can possibly be made to it. :rolleyes:

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

PS... "what should I use to deal with Poke-Bodies"

well, assuming it is on bench, Iggly ignores them too.... here is the Pokemon Powers break down

Pokemon Powers-Cards from Base through Neo 4. Usually cancelled when iflicted with a status

---Poke-powers- Sub group of Pokemon Powers, Exp and up, generally need to be active by the player, usually cancelled when inflicted with status.

---Poke-bodies- Sub group of Pokemon Powers, Exp and up. Generally not affected by status, and remain on at all times, never needing to be activated.

So anything that reads does ____ to Pokemon with Pokemon Powers will effect Poke-bodies/Poke-powers as well, but if it specifically says Poke-body/Poke-power, then it only effects that kind of Pokemon Power, not 2 or all 3 of them....

So Igglybuff ignores benched Pokemon Powers... see, it ignores Bodies...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.