Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodDraek

ok I am sick of all the people whining over plox so I have decided to make a decent counter. Way back when absolade was getting big I noticed Sceptile Ex d and thought how well it could do against G&G. The problem was magmortar. Also, I could never really get my hands on the cards. I was going to give it to my teamates as a secret deck but it is too much of a risk to spend money on sceppy ex ds and using a rogue for lcq so I might as well post it on the gym.

pokemon: 14

4-2-4 Sceptile EX d
1-1 claydol
1-0-1 dusknoir

energy 16

10 psychic
2 holon wp
4 call energy

trainers: 30

4 castaway
4 crystal beach
4 cessation crystal
4 bebe's
1 PETM (so forgotten)
4 Rare Candy
3 Scott
4 roseanne's
2 lake boundary

strategy
try to get T2 sceptile ex d with cessation to shut off sceptile's body. if you don't have the RC T2 then you want to get out claydol to get out the cessation. Crystal Beach slows down plox and empoleon (scramble). I don't know how the deck will run because I have never tried it out. The more prizes they take from killing sceppys the more damage you do. Empoleon can do at best 70 and that is with ful bench. Even at that they take two attacks to kill you. When they do you dark palm a benched poke and sap another crystal on. Lake boundary with one sceppy ex d killed makes you ohko every poke except for dusknoir in G&G. I don't know, call me crazy but I think the deck could work.

rate, fix, whatever. i don't care, I can't go to worlds

Also, you get one shotted pretty easily by Torterra and Leafeon variants. Nice idea though, might consider this in a Chomp Deck as a Cleaner or alternative!

Gallade flipping 4 prizes is worth it for them because they are taking two prizes and wasting three of their energy drops. Leafeon, Magmortar, Moltres, Breloom, Torterra are amongst the biggest threats that autowin against Sceptile ex δ so easily it is not a viable risk. The PLOX matchup is also quite terrible consideing you can't shut off extra liquid.

It's a shame, if only cessation worked on exs, but it doesn't. :(

As everyone has already said, you can't do the Cessation/Ex thing. However, there are other ways to shut down its Body. I won't take credit for this little combo because I admit I read about it somewhere (don't remember who was behind it, otherwise I'd give them props), but anyway you slap a Crystal Shard on Sceptile ex d (because unlike Cess it can be attached to Exs), get a Battle Frontier down and voila! It's good to go. The problem is that you can only do this a max of 4 times, unless you get Quagsire d in here to retrieve the lost Shards. That actually wouldn't be a bad play because hopefully you'll have broken the Psychic Lock by then.

Weavile combined with Battle Frontier is another way to shut down its Body on a regular basis, which is obviously much better in the long run, with the drawback that Weavile will get locked and you won't be able to use it during the first few turns, when you'd want to use it most. Not being able to get the +30 due to typing would also be a drawback.

Put them both together perhaps and you may have something-- use the Crystal Shards early and get the type/weakness benefit, then turn to Weavile after you've broken the Psychic Lock and aren't really needing the +30 as much. You could even add 4 Special Dark in so that you could compensate for the type loss somewhat. PlusPower is another option so that late game, with Darkness and PlusPower both, you'd be easily doing 130 or more every turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back