THe Coward's Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Gosunkugi, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gosunkugi

Gosunkugi New Member

This mainly revolves around Expedition Gengar's Attack 'Hide in Shadows' then switching it with a fossil or Wailord EX. Wailord is there to take damage and switch with 'Super Dep Dive'.

Pokemon
    2 Ghastly Exp.
    2 Haunter Exp.
    2 Gengar Exp.
    3 Natu SS
    3 Xatu SS
    1 Wynaut SS
    1 Wobbuffet SS
    2 Wailmer R&S
    2 Wailord EX

Trainers
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Fast Ball
    3 Moo Moo Milk
    3 Switch
    1 Fisherman
    1 Oracle
    2 Copycat
    1 Forest Gaurdian
    1 Birch
    1 Oak's Reasearch
    1 Desert Shaman
    1 Wally's Traning
    1 Fan Club
    1 Volunteers
    1 Underground Expedition
    4 Claw Fossil
    4 Root Fossil

Energys
    10 Psy
    2 Cyclone

The biggest problem against this deck is Feint Attackers like Cacturne, but all the cacturne decks I've faced I've beaten. Still, this deck has lots of internal problems that I can't phathom how to fix, so I'll gladly accept any suggestions or critisism.

2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Take out the Fossils for more of the Wubba line (Preferably 3/3), then make Gengar 4/4/4, 3/3/3, 4/3/4, or 4/1/4. Add a Rare Candy's if needed. Add some Water nrg's and some more psy nrg. I'm not even gonna touch the trainers...

3. nikePK

nikePK New Member

I was going to ask the question, "Ok, so you super deep dive... for what?" Then, I saw all the fossils, LOL!

Nifty idea, the only thing I think that will hurt you is that while you're switching and such, you're going to be only doing 40 damage at your max. There's a few problems with that.

One, metal 0wnz you hands down.

Two, That's just not enough damage in this format, you need some bigger backup. Maybe you should try and actually attack with the lord.

Also, 8 fossils is overdoing it jusssst a tad, I'd run about 4 and you should be good... make em all Claws.

Definitely try running water energy in this and Xatu + Wailord ex makes a nice combo that's hard to overcome especially when u can deep dive for a fossil, come back out next turn and heal for 30 more cuz of Multiple Xatus. I'm thinking that you won't use Gengar a whole lot, I think he'd be the early game guy.

Like Swampert implied, your trainers are very very unfocused. CHeck around the boards to see some good trainer lineups, I know they won't exactly match your deck, but they'll still be help. You can see how many Draw cards to run, how much Recovery, How much Disruption... etc.

There's a few more things I could get into about your pokemon, but I think you've got enough to deal with with the trainer lineup lol. Fix that up, post an updated version, and we can tweak this shizzle even more ^_^

4. lugia

lugia New Member

Great deck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.