The first Black & White cards

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Zarmakuizz, Mar 5, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarmakuizz

Zarmakuizz New Member

2. Jason

Jason New Member

yellow borders? ewwwwwwwwwww

3. hampuse1

hampuse1 New Member

ugly cards, and btw it says 114

4. Scubadude

Scubadude New Member

why would they go back to bad yellow borders......

5. sentimentGX4

sentimentGX4 New Member

I don't mind yellow borders but I prefer the partly faded DP-era yellow borders over the original yellow borders.

I wonder how the holofoil design will look. I hope they don't keep the same one as Call of Legends. The speckles are less shiny than in the past SV and before.

6. Politoed666

Politoed666 New Member

Ugh... the card designs make me want to throw up. They look counterfeit.

7. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

I don't know, I'm liking 'em. Wasn't there a Gym Leader set that used a similar setup a long time ago?

Best thing to come of Black and White yet, in my opinion.

8. Organic

Organic New Member

Why is blue pig sad? Is pokemon trying to insist blue pig is emo?

9. Jazzbie

Jazzbie New Member

I also hate the yellow borders, seriously move on. >:/ Silver looked loads better and matched the card details, it was the perfect chance to get away from yellow borders.

I'm happy to hear about the new type/pokedex order if it's true. The English way always bugged me because the evos weren't lined up.

10. Electric Spider

Electric Spider New Member

Isn't Oshawott an otter?

11. Maverick Nate

Maverick Nate New Member

LOL. Yes. Oshawott is the Sea Otter Pokémon

12. ABSOLutely

ABSOLutely New Member

Ummm.... you guys are all looking at art and the stupid yellow borders, but look at the cards. thy're like the exact same thing. One energy: 10, two energy: 20, 60 hp, they're all weak to one and strong against another. I think the only good card is pokemon catcher.

13. Maverick Nate

Maverick Nate New Member

Well, these are the purposefully weak starters from the set. The other ones are at least different from one another. Hasn't the Black and White series been established that it is slower? Weaker cards is a part of that

14. sentimentGX4

sentimentGX4 New Member

I like that they opted for the new foiling on English cards that is similar to that of Japan.

I was getting tired of the old speckles and those from the HGSS were too light for my liking.

The new foiling pattern seems very shiny and noticeable.

15. Tyraniking

Tyraniking New Member

Artwork's OK, but I'm agreeing that the yellow borders are crap. Why can't we get silver/grey like Japan?

16. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Am I the only person who thinks the formatting is AWESOME?!?!?!
    It's so simple and great! I hate the sleekness of the newer cards.

17. amphachu

amphachu New Member

I have to say that the artwork for Lillipup is one of the most adorable artworks on a card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.