Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The first? Orlando GC report.

EnjoiPandaPoo

Hey I don't post here much but I decided to type up my tournament report from yesterdays GC. Im surprised I'm the first. Well anyway, I played Swampert/EX/Magneton/Delcatty/Suicine EX. I couldn't decide between that and RAMBO until around 30 minutes before the tournament started. Anyways. Here's the list

4 Mudkip
2 Marshtomp
3 Swampert
2 Swampert EX
3 Dunsparce
2 Suicine EX
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Magnemite
2 Magneton
1 Wobbuffett

4 Oracle
3 RC
2 TV Reporter
2 POR
2 Copycat
2 PETM
2 Crystal Shard
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
1 TV

12 Water
2 Multi

Met GL Phil at Denny's at 8am (he drove me). I got to the store at around 8:45 and met Heidi Craig and all the people who drove with her and waited until around 9:45 for the store to open =(. When we got in I walked and waited for people to come and decided on what to play. On the way I was sure I was playing RAMBO, but within the last hour or so decided to play Swampert since I saw so many Blaziken decks. Anyways.

Round 1: vs. Miranda Craig
Ack. Just who I didn't want to play. I knew she was a good player, but I was confident I'd win. I go first, start with Sparce and get setup pretty fasr, but so does she. She gets all the goodies out, like Ray EX and BEX, but I shard a Swampert to OHKO the Ray. In the end I come out on top just because Swampert > Blaziken.
1-0

Round 2: vs. Aaron Curry
ANOTHER RAMBO! I was confident going into this match too. Let's see, I have Suicine EX with 2 energy, while he Archie's T1 for TA Manectric. I sit there for 2-3 turns waiting for 1 energy! if I got the 1 energy, I would've OHKO'd his TA Manectric for game, but he gets BEX up and just destroys me. Dang.
1-1

Round 3: vs. David Callahan
This kid was in 10- so I decided not to go so hard on him. I start off with Magnemite and he has Snorlaz and TM Aron. I just get out a Suicine EX and KO all of his Pokemans.
2-1

Round 4: vs. Adrien Blanc
Gardy. We both get setup slow, but it was time for my super secret tech, Wobbuffett to shine. he gets up GEX and I just destroy him with Wobb, since he couldn;t do anything.
3-1

Before this round I knew I needed to win, so I was kind've nervous.

Round 5: vs. Dave Christian
Another game I could've won on a single turn. We both get decent setups, I think em wtih Sparce and him too. Anyway, he gets up BEX and gets an energy drought, while I do too. I stall for awhile while building up a Swampert, I get 2 energies on it. meanwhile I have a Swampert EX on bench with 130. Well let's just say I didn't notice he just needed 2 prizes to win, so he Volcanic Ashes it. Why I was so mad is because I oracle'd for Magneton and I would've sent up Swampert and Ko'd his BEX. He only had a firestarter on the bench so I probably would've won.

Well I end up getting 7th. We only needed 1 more person in 11-14 to get a T8. So that kidn've gets me mad. Since I'm probably moving from FL I won't have a chance to go to Worlds. Whatevs it's just a game right? ;/

Props to the sexy Mexican Omar for winning the trip, so good luck to you. Although Steve gave you the win to T4!

oh, time for props/slops.

Props:
Omar for winning
Phil for lending me cards AND giving me a ride to/from the tournament.
Chris for lending me cards.
Omar for lending me Oracles.
To me for pulling a BEX in a pack I won.
Chris for winning.

Slops:
For not having a T8 by 1 person. If only you came Patrick!
Steve for stealing my Heidi Craig hat so many times.

That's it. Thanks for reading.

Awwwww, thats sad no Top 8 because of one person. =( So did they only cut to a Top 4?

Well I hope you don't move so I will cya at worlds.

~Colin

Awwwww, thats sad no Top 8 because of one person. =( So did they only cut to a Top 4?

Yea they only cut to T4.

BTW, Congrats on winning, and double congrats since you were sick at the time too. I don't care about playing at Worlds, I just want to meet you and others. Cya at worlds! Maybe!

Last edited:
.[/QUOTE]

Props:
Omar for winning
Phil for lending me cards AND giving me a ride to/from the tournament.
Chris for lending me cards.
Omar for lending me Oracles.
To me for pulling a BEX in a pack I won.
Chris for winning.

Slops:
For not having a T8 by 1 person. If only you came Patrick!
Steve for stealing my Heidi Craig hat so many times.

That's it. Thanks for reading.[/QUOTE]

Hey... You need to teach you brother how to play. If you do he would really accell. and just Play at the grinder.Just remember I made the Heidi Craig Hat. :) You did not tape the Card to the hat... C ya At the grinder.(Ican't play though:( )

--Godevoir--

Last edited:
Omar for winning

Well really i didn't win. I won the trip. I got second place and Steven already won a GC so it was passed down to me, remeber.

I thought you said you won the trip already. Also did you ever find Phil's oracles?

sexy Mexican Omar

Don't tell everybody how sexy I am. You know you want me. Everybody wants me. Yeah I'm talking to you Chris B. and Patrick.

Last edited:
Hey... You need to teach you brother how to play. If you do he would really accell. and just Play at the grinder.Just remember I made the Heidi Craig Hat. You did not tape the Card to the hat... C ya At the grinder.(Ican't play though )

Haha, I still think my brother is too little to play cause he just turned 4. Maybe next year. Although I COULD let him play in the HL prerelease, as long as I could make his deck. and BTW, YEA you made the Heidi Craig, but I'm the one who styled it through the tournament :D and I'm not sure if I'll play in grinders because I might be mvoing out of FL, but I was talking to my mom about it tonight and we might just move to the east coast near Daytona. It's pretty hopeful.

SEXY OMAR!! nah I didn't win a trip, where did you hear that? And yeah I foudn Phil's oracles, along with Chris's Suicine Ex and Swampert in one of my opponents decks. We were both playing purple sleeves so it was a mix up I guess.

BTW I'll kick Patricks and Chris's arses for you :D :D :D :D

Omar, go on AIm
and Steve do you even have AIM, if you do whats your sn.

cya

Back