The first? Orlando GC report.

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by EnjoiPandaPoo, May 30, 2004.

1. EnjoiPandaPoo

EnjoiPandaPoo New Member

Hey I don't post here much but I decided to type up my tournament report from yesterdays GC. Im surprised I'm the first. Well anyway, I played Swampert/EX/Magneton/Delcatty/Suicine EX. I couldn't decide between that and RAMBO until around 30 minutes before the tournament started. Anyways. Here's the list

4 Mudkip
    2 Marshtomp
    3 Swampert
    2 Swampert EX
    3 Dunsparce
    2 Suicine EX
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    2 Magnemite
    2 Magneton
    1 Wobbuffett

4 Oracle
    3 RC
    2 TV Reporter
    2 POR
    2 Copycat
    2 PETM
    2 Crystal Shard
    2 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    1 TV

12 Water
    2 Multi

Met GL Phil at Denny's at 8am (he drove me). I got to the store at around 8:45 and met Heidi Craig and all the people who drove with her and waited until around 9:45 for the store to open =(. When we got in I walked and waited for people to come and decided on what to play. On the way I was sure I was playing RAMBO, but within the last hour or so decided to play Swampert since I saw so many Blaziken decks. Anyways.

Round 1: vs. Miranda Craig
    Ack. Just who I didn't want to play. I knew she was a good player, but I was confident I'd win. I go first, start with Sparce and get setup pretty fasr, but so does she. She gets all the goodies out, like Ray EX and BEX, but I shard a Swampert to OHKO the Ray. In the end I come out on top just because Swampert > Blaziken.
    1-0

Round 2: vs. Aaron Curry
    ANOTHER RAMBO! I was confident going into this match too. Let's see, I have Suicine EX with 2 energy, while he Archie's T1 for TA Manectric. I sit there for 2-3 turns waiting for 1 energy! if I got the 1 energy, I would've OHKO'd his TA Manectric for game, but he gets BEX up and just destroys me. Dang.
    1-1

Round 3: vs. David Callahan
    This kid was in 10- so I decided not to go so hard on him. I start off with Magnemite and he has Snorlaz and TM Aron. I just get out a Suicine EX and KO all of his Pokemans.
    2-1

Round 4: vs. Adrien Blanc
    Gardy. We both get setup slow, but it was time for my super secret tech, Wobbuffett to shine. he gets up GEX and I just destroy him with Wobb, since he couldn;t do anything.
    3-1

Before this round I knew I needed to win, so I was kind've nervous.

Round 5: vs. Dave Christian
    Another game I could've won on a single turn. We both get decent setups, I think em wtih Sparce and him too. Anyway, he gets up BEX and gets an energy drought, while I do too. I stall for awhile while building up a Swampert, I get 2 energies on it. meanwhile I have a Swampert EX on bench with 130. Well let's just say I didn't notice he just needed 2 prizes to win, so he Volcanic Ashes it. Why I was so mad is because I oracle'd for Magneton and I would've sent up Swampert and Ko'd his BEX. He only had a firestarter on the bench so I probably would've won.

Well I end up getting 7th. We only needed 1 more person in 11-14 to get a T8. So that kidn've gets me mad. Since I'm probably moving from FL I won't have a chance to go to Worlds. Whatevs it's just a game right? ;/

Props to the sexy Mexican Omar for winning the trip, so good luck to you. Although Steve gave you the win to T4!

oh, time for props/slops.

Props:
    Omar for winning
    Phil for lending me cards AND giving me a ride to/from the tournament.
    Chris for lending me cards.
    Omar for lending me Oracles.
    To me for pulling a BEX in a pack I won.
    Chris for winning.

Slops:
    For not having a T8 by 1 person. If only you came Patrick!
    Steve for stealing my Heidi Craig hat so many times.

That's it. Thanks for reading.

2. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Awwwww, thats sad no Top 8 because of one person. =( So did they only cut to a Top 4?

Well I hope you don't move so I will cya at worlds.

~Colin

3. EnjoiPandaPoo

EnjoiPandaPoo New Member

Yea they only cut to T4.

BTW, Congrats on winning, and double congrats since you were sick at the time too. I don't care about playing at Worlds, I just want to meet you and others. Cya at worlds! Maybe!

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  4. godevoir

godevoir New Member

.[/QUOTE]

Props:
    Omar for winning
    Phil for lending me cards AND giving me a ride to/from the tournament.
    Chris for lending me cards.
    Omar for lending me Oracles.
    To me for pulling a BEX in a pack I won.
    Chris for winning.

Slops:
    For not having a T8 by 1 person. If only you came Patrick!
    Steve for stealing my Heidi Craig hat so many times.

That's it. Thanks for reading.[/QUOTE]

Hey... You need to teach you brother how to play. If you do he would really accell. and just Play at the grinder.Just remember I made the Heidi Craig Hat. :) You did not tape the Card to the hat... C ya At the grinder.(Ican't play though:( )

--Godevoir--

5. eauxmar

eauxmar New Member

Well really i didn't win. I won the trip. I got second place and Steven already won a GC so it was passed down to me, remeber.

I thought you said you won the trip already. Also did you ever find Phil's oracles?

Don't tell everybody how sexy I am. You know you want me. Everybody wants me. Yeah I'm talking to you Chris B. and Patrick.

6. EnjoiPandaPoo

EnjoiPandaPoo New Member

Haha, I still think my brother is too little to play cause he just turned 4. Maybe next year. Although I COULD let him play in the HL prerelease, as long as I could make his deck. and BTW, YEA you made the Heidi Craig, but I'm the one who styled it through the tournament :D and I'm not sure if I'll play in grinders because I might be mvoing out of FL, but I was talking to my mom about it tonight and we might just move to the east coast near Daytona. It's pretty hopeful.

SEXY OMAR!! nah I didn't win a trip, where did you hear that? And yeah I foudn Phil's oracles, along with Chris's Suicine Ex and Swampert in one of my opponents decks. We were both playing purple sleeves so it was a mix up I guess.

BTW I'll kick Patricks and Chris's arses for you :D :D :D :D

Omar, go on AIm
    and Steve do you even have AIM, if you do whats your sn.

cya

7. eauxmar

eauxmar New Member

Well you are never online. What is your Screen Name Again.

8. eauxmar

eauxmar New Member

OMG i just realized something. I am going to Florida. OMG.LOL