Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Future of Iron Chef

Vegeta ss4

Iron Chef Leader
We have sadly wrapped up the Iron Chef tournament of this year with the winner being, Rainbowgym. Rainbowgym has become the 1st female to win this tournament since the days of John Kettler running these events. She defeated Eonic for the championship. Rainbowgym just had an amazing run, crushing the swiss rounds and beating down everyone in her path. There was one matchup she nearly lost, but in the end she pulled it through, major congrats to her and Eonic for a fantastic tournament.

Now, down to business. I want to know what you would like to see in next years Iron Chef tournament. Here is a list of things that I really want to know.

1) When should Iron Chef start next time?
2) I will be judging one last time, but would you like to see a secondary judge?
3) What type of challenges would you like to see?
4) Would an entry fee excite some players and create a better prize pool?
5) How many rounds and swiss rounds would you like to see?

Those are just a few things, this is an open forum so please speak out. I will say I will be doing Iron Chef one more time as coordinator and judge. I will be handing it over to someone else after the next Iron Chef.

Again, tell me changes you would like to see, things about the tournament as a whole you currently don't want to see changed, etc.

Thx gymers'

for #4 you could do a competitive Iron chef and a practice one
competitive could have a entry fee while practice (like the one we did) would not :biggrin:

for #3 Id like to see a limited HP challenge so no pokemon over 60HP or 100HP or well you decide

hope to face again next year (unless if theres an entry fee) see yah :pokeball:

The entry fee is something that I think wouldn't even be allowed on the gym. So I'm sure it would not be up for discussion anyways. I'd thought about a facebook iron chef entry fee tournament, sort of like a high roller tournament.

Honestly, I think that the next Iron Chef should work like this.

You have 8 different Iron Chefs with different competitors.

Iron Chef- 16 players times 8 = 128

Take the Top 4 from each Iron Chef and make an ultimate Iron Chef with the 32 competitors, split those up, take the Top 4 of each pod and put them in an Top 16 Single-Elimination tournament (like what we did), last person without a loss wins.

I know it sounds really complex as you have 128 people, but it adds competition to Iron Chef. Of course that's my thought process.

Honestly, I think that the next Iron Chef should work like this.

You have 8 different Iron Chefs with different competitors.

Iron Chef- 16 players times 8 = 128

Take the Top 4 from each Iron Chef and make an ultimate Iron Chef with the 32 competitors, split those up, take the Top 4 of each pod and put them in an Top 16 Single-Elimination tournament (like what we did), last person without a loss wins.

I know it sounds really complex as you have 128 people, but it adds competition to Iron Chef. Of course that's my thought process.

There's zero way to have 128 players. If you did, imagine the drop rate....

I wouldn't say there would be ZERO chance if 128 players. I do however, think it is very unlikely. The main reason for this is because of Advertising and the lack of people knowing who I am. If this was a "Top Cut" Iron Chef competition with known players it would be huge.

I think better prizes could excite others and create a bigger pool of players. I am also still a believer of online play, I think it is a better way to showcase a deck. The problem is the timezone differences and life as a whole being unpredictable and busy at times. This is also why I am wanting to know when this tournament is a good time to be ran. Pokemon has no breaks, sadly. I am thinking right after nationals is the way to go with this, but then again that is just around the corner.

Now, down to business. I want to know what you would like to see in next years Iron Chef tournament. Here is a list of things that I really want to know.

1) When should Iron Chef start next time?
2) I will be judging one last time, but would you like to see a secondary judge?
3) What type of challenges would you like to see?
4) Would an entry fee excite some players and create a better prize pool?
5) How many rounds and swiss rounds would you like to see?

Again, tell me changes you would like to see, things about the tournament as a whole you currently don't want to see changed, etc.

Thx gymers'

1) Don't start during the summer, somewere in october is fine.
2) Normally no, unless time is a problem.
3) I really missed the stage 2 challenge, I like the swiss rounds doing basics, than stage 1 and stage 2.
4) No, this is about "love to build decks", for me it makes no difference if there are prizes to earn.
5) 3 in swiss, basic/stage1/stage2 and at least 3 rounds SE after that. And I like singleton as challenge.

The real problem is people are not really building decks themselves anymore.
at least not from scratch.

Back