The highly dreaded BAR deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Hot Mustid, Feb 15, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

We have all heard of a BAR deck (Blaziken, Ampharos, Reyquaza) and i doubt that i need to say what it does. I am curious however, to see what kind of deck would take one out consistently. Here is my deck.

It started out as a fun deck and it has kind of turned into a "beat-down" deck. It is designed so that i can make quick decisive blows straight off the bench, startling the opponent. All cards are EX Sandstorm and down.

Please, dont copy this deck :)

"Neo-Beatdown"

Pkmn: 18

3 Canea (SS)
    3 Cacturne (SS)
    3 Eevee (SS)
    3 Espeon (SS)
    2 Dunsparce (SS)
    2 Wobbuffet (SS)
    2 EX Aerodactle (SS)

Trainers: 28

3 Lady outing
    3 Lanettes net search (im thinking of replacing these)
    3 Copycat
    4 Wally's Training
    2 Power Charge
    3 Switch
    3 Oaks Research
    3 Mysterious fossil
    4 potion

Energy: 14

4 Psycic
    4 Boost
    3 grass
    3 water

well there it is, i just notice i could use a few more energy, maybe 1 more grass and water.

Tell me what you think guys :D

2. Dek

Dek New Member

One of my suggestions for this deck is that if you have pokemon that can use any energy whatsoever, then you dont need to put in energy of that Pokemon's type. In this case, my suggestion works perfectly

-3 Grass
    -3 Water
    -3 Lady Outing (since we will focus on one or two energy types)

+2 Magnemite (Dragon- whichever one you want)
    +2 Magneton (Dragon- the one with the Poke-Power)
    +3 Lightning energy (just incase 'Mite/'Ton have to fight)
    +1 Power Charge
    +1 Oak's Research/Psychic Energy (your choice)

Hopefully, these ideas can help out

3. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

i dunno man, the deck is like 50 - 2, im thinking of just tweaking it instead of changing it around. The only decks it has touble with are EX amphy and friggin EX slugma guy thing, but it was because i ran out of energy too soon. thats why i was thinking about taking the net searches for some energy. I was just wondering, in your opinion, whats better moomoo milk or potion?

4. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

im meaning to say that the lady outing is a major part of the deck, i need 3 types.
    You do realize what this deck can do, right?

5. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

ok the aerodactle can kill a requaza instantly, cacturne can kill amphy quickly on bench, espion can be nasty late in the game, it all depends on what happens. Im not saying this is an anti-bar deck, im saying that bar decks are hard to defeat and i was wondering if there was anything to tweak (not change) with my deck. you do realize that i could have a misterious fssil or whatever with nothing on it and send it out and mess someone up, it all comes together when you play it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  6. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

"Neo-Beatdown"

3 Canea (SS)
    3 Cacturne (SS)
    3 Eevee (SS)
    3 Espeon (SS)
    2 Dunsparce (SS)
    2 Wobbuffet (SS)
    2 EX Aerodactle (SS)

Trainers: 25

3 Lady outing
    3 Copycat
    4 Wally's Training
    2 Power Charge
    3 Switch
    3 Oaks Research
    3 Mysterious fossil
    4 potion

Energy: 17

5 Psycic
    4 Boost
    4 grass
    4 water

well its a little different, more energy. Im gonna test it on a BAR deck hopefullly before the city championship, but, meh. i think the deck should work a little faster now, The only problem im having is whether to have a psycic energy or an oaks research.

I know the deck looks retarded and unorganized, but its beautiful when it plays.

7. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

This is a pretty good deck, but I do have some suggestions:

Don't worry about Rayquaza, playing Aerodactyl EX is too much work. Just add Ditto (one-hit knockout with two basic energy) or Crystal Shard to a deck that you want to play. Water is of course good to take care of Blaziken, it is hard for BAR decks to actually attack with Ampharos. I realize that Ditto cannot use Boost energy.

I think you are short on energy, particularly when Boost gets discarded on attacks. Boost energy is OK if it can give you a certain knockout (like Gardevoir EX), I am not convinced when you attacks does only 40, 60 and unknown.

What is the purpose of the water (and grass) energy? I assume this is because of Lady Outing, but energy instead would give you a more natural energy flow and reduce the chances that you run out in a long game.

All Psychic would allow you to play Wynaut which is a better starter than Dunsparce.

8. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

if i were to play all psycic and use wynaut, what would i replace lady outing with. it is invaluable in this deck as it is, and im afriad that i need it. besides, think of it, aerodactle is not mean tfor just reyquaza but fot all dragons, besides, 3 nrg for 60 aint bad at all

9. Ez1

Ez1 New Member

Without touching the poke's that you like here is a suggestion:

pokemon 19
    3 canea
    3 cacturne
    3 evee
    2 espeon ss
    1 espeon aq
    3 dunsparce
    2 wobby
    2 aero ex
    energy 17
    4 boost
    10 psychic
    3 warp
    trainers 24
    4 professor oaks research
    4 desert shaman
    2 warp point
    3 mysterious trainer
    4 oracle
    3 tv reporter
    2 mirage stadium
    2 mr. briney

these changes should increase your ability to disrupt your opponents
    early game strategy....the espeon aq allows you to pick up
    the warp energies and reuse....free switch.....the desert shaman
    can cause some serious early game disruption to bar's and gardy's...
    the mirage stadium(you will have to test these) will complement
    your poison powers and slow your opponents retreat abilities.....
    the warp point can move a troublesome opponent back to the bench..
    the extra dunsparce speeds up your first turn abilities.....the oracle/
    tv combo provides key cards quickly....the mr. briney allows you
    to pick up a damaged poke and energies as well as double for a switch....
    I would also look at using bounce energies as well as cyclone energies...
    they could stretch psychic energies and create more confusion to
    your opponent....
    hope this helps......

10. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

*Buzzer noise goes off in background* WRONG! Ditto needs three basic energy attached to KO Rayquaza EX.

11. dkates

dkates New Member

Actually, two Basic Energy is enough for Ditto to KO Rayquaza. It attacks by discarding both (each is providing both Fire and Lightning, so both get discarded). Base damage is then 80, doubled by Weakness to 160, KO.

12. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

The idea is to not play Lady Outing at all and simply replace the three slots with :psychic: energy. Having the extra energy will give you a much better flow and more or less avoid the need for having Lady Outing in the first place. Lady Outing is also a supporter that will prevent you from playing your other useful supporters!

3 nergy for 60 in a stage one is pretty good :) , but not enough for a Pokemon EX :mad: that also takes valuable slots for the fossils. Electric weakness is not the worst, but Ampharos EX and Magneton are played a lot more than fighting Pokemon at the moment.

13. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

The eq espeon, maybe i dont understand, but how does taking energy off of one of my pokes into my hand gonna help? I dont think ill try the mirage stadium idea, but i like switching my switch for warp energy. Anyway, if im going all pshycic, then im taking out dunsparce and putting in wynaut. im just afraid wynaut may slow down my deck.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  14. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

ok how about this

3 Canea (SS)
    3 Cacturne (SS)
    3 Eevee (SS)
    3 Espeon (SS)
    2 wynaut (SS)
    2 Wobbuffet (SS)
    2 EX Aerodactle (SS)

Trainers: 25

3 tv reporter
    3 Copycat
    4 Wally's Training
    2 Power Charge
    3 oracle
    3 Oaks Research
    3 Mysterious fossil
    4 potion

Energy: 17

10 Psycic
    4 Boost
    3 warp energy

im going with the only psycic idea and i put in warp energy instead of switch because i need the energy, and i replace the dunsparce with wynaut.

tell me what you think

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.