The new new new modified format!!!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SuperWooper, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Here's a question a little bit like the top five decks in Eon: Which decks will suffer most when the format is changed into EX-on instead of E-on, getting rid of Expedition, Aquapolis, and Skyridge. My two cents:

Five: Gardy/Ex - This deck is somewhat dependant upon boost energy for speed, and Boost energy will be rotating out when Ex-on shows its ugly face. But the deck doesn't need the boost two much, just enough to land it a place on the top five.

Four: Aggron/Ex and Wailord/EX - Usually this deck runs four boost energy, especially for EX's. So speed is slowed majorly down. It takes till turn five to use the big attacks for the main pokemon in this deck, so it will be very hurt.

Three: Blaziken and Exeggutor/Ninetales - This deck will be really hurt. Exeggutor and Ninetales are gone, so this deck now uses only Magcargo EX, or nonholo Blaziken, or some other fire type to attack. This deck will be severely crippled since its two main attackers are gone. You could attack with the new Ninetales EX coming out in the Solved Seal, though...we shall see.

Two: Victreebel/Shedinja - Victreebel is gone. Enough said.

One: BAR - Amphy is gone, Oracle is gone, Copycat's gone, Oak's Research is gone, PETM is gone, etc etc etc. Boom. BAR now is forced to rely on purely drawing power cards like TV Reporter and Birch, and forced to rely on wally's training instead of PETM, forcing players into uncomfortable settup decisions. Sorry, YJ, Mudkip, Jermy, this deck is doomed. JK I'm sure you'll find some way to compensate.

Just my two cents. Thanks.

2. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Yeah I am afraid that unless Nintendo produces some way to easily kill Gardevior/EX in the future, it will dominate everything until it is cycled out.

3. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

They already have, prime, Sandstorm Wobbuffet!

4. killa_project

killa_project New Member

gardy ex has more weaknesses that just wobby. There is also itself.

5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

True. So many people will play Gardy when EX-on comes out. That's why I'm stockpiling mine now.

6. Pablo

Pablo New Member

itll be like a year until the new mf comes /1st october i guess) so why hurry and collect cards now?

7. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Forget about the Pokemon for a second and think about how horrible the draw cards will be. What do we have now that will be legal:
    Birch
    TV Reporter
    Poke Nav
    Delcatty (if you count Pokemon)

We better get a lot of new drawing cards by the next modified.

8. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

By that time there will probably some rereleased promo. I would have to disagree with BAR losing out when everything rotates. I've tried versions using switch that work even better than the amphy combo.

9. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

So then that would be a normal Blaziken/Rayquaza deck?

10. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

come on now

whenever any format changes

everyone knows that basically all decks are gone and then everyone will turn to the new broken cards to ease their pain

every deck will lose out.

but the biggest decks that will be hurt are those that rely on cards from the 3 sets being cut

nothing will survive it

just like the last 3 format modifications

11. TheFubuM1zer

TheFubuM1zer New Member

uhhh hello?!?!?!! blazi beats garde

12. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

I am sure we will get some drawing power Trainer cards in the next few sets. Would there be any in ADV 5?

13. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

WE're not talking about top five decks, we're talking which decks will suffer most. you're right, Blaze does beat Gardy, but Eggs and Tales are gone, as is boost for non holo Blaze.

14. Shift

Shift New Member

Ampharos (from expedition)/ampharos ex decks will lose power, since part of what makes the deck both fun and competitive to play was Pokémon Nurse and Amphy's Energy Connect power. Without that, it will just be Ampharos ex, and I dunno, but a deck based solely around amphy ex doesn't sound so promising. I guess we'll see though.

My biggest worry are some of the Trainers will be losing, Oracle, Oak's Research, Copycat, Prof. Elm's Training Method, Fan Club, Town Volunteers, ouch. I hope we get some few good trainers in the next set.

15. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I HIGHLY disagree Jermy, I think the new EX starters will rule the Metagame. Sceptile EX is just plain Broken and Gardy is weak 2 it. Blaze EX does 100 to any poke, so it basically OHKO's anything on the bench. Swampy EX is Gr8, as it is a Fighting type, 150 hp and 1 weakness, and combos VERY well w/ the Holo Swampy. While Gardevoir will be a gr8 deck as always, I don't think it'll own everything.
    Just my opinion...
    -SwampertEX

16. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Fast Ball

17. Pablo

Pablo New Member

swamp we are talking bout RS on here.

IMO, Gardy will not rule the environment, blaziken will still be the best, why?

1.- To look for pokes there is still sparce, u SAR adn instead of leaving sparce active, u switch for skitty, then use Wally's Training and bam, youve got your draw, youll just play more nrgy in Blaziken decks to be sure u get em when u need em, and u'll play 4 Wally's Training. plus u can always get 2 delcattys out to have more draw, the question is what to pair Blaziken with? other than Blaze ex?

18. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Yes, I know we're talkin about RS-on here. in the next set Fast Ball will be rereleased...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  19. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

Castform (water)'s attack lets you shuffle your deck and draw 5 cards. It's a downgraded NG cleffa but good enough in future modified nonetheless.

Just for fun, kingdra ex deck will lose some power too because it can't abuse AQ kingdra's power and AQ horsea's reverse thrust attack.

Ninetales ex is really good, for RCCC you can do 100 and discard only one fire. Even if you don't own any blazikens, ninetales can still work great by itself.

20. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

is this in effect or no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.