The next E-On Archetype

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by TheAnswer3, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Yesterday was the dragons prerelease, i went in with one goal to get 3 Ampharos EX no trouble. I did this and created this Monster. In 6 Games this deck is 6-0 Giving up 4 Prizes. 2 Against Gardevior. 2 Against Sceptile and 2 Against Blaziken/Eggs/Cat. So here it is.

Conductivity aka The Next Archetype 1.0
    Pokemon
    3 Elekid(SS)- WOW THIS BREAKS the deck.
    2 Skitty- Any 50HP kind
    2 Delcatty-Holo
    4 Mareep(Dragons)
    4 Flaffy(Dragons)
    3 Ampharos EX
    1 Zangoose
    Energy
    14 Lighting
    Trainers
    4 Oracle
    4 Potion
    3 Copycat
    3 Research
    3 Pokenav
    2 Fan Club
    2 Switch
    2 Masterball
    2 Low Pressure System(+10HP=160HP ampharos with one weakness=\
    1 TV
    1 Fisherman

Strategy
    Start with Elekid, elekids attack lets you search for a lighting and attach it to a pokemon, hmm Mareep energy, continue this until elekid dies which should be at LEAST 2 turns. By turn 3 with all the draw you should have Delcatty/Ampharos EX and just let them have it from there. Zangoose is included and will probably be upped in count if Holo Flygon gets big since it has resistance to Lighting. Anyway this deck is EXTREMELY broken.

Comments? Questions?
    TheAnswer3

2. jdb728

jdb728 New Member

Is that, Town Volunteers, TV reporter, something else?

3. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Ampharos is good and all and will see play but I don't think its the next archetype. Some of the current archetypes such as Gardy or Blazikens have to deal with manipulating energies from something like the discard pile or the deck for speed. I know elekid does this in a way but it isn't very suited for the job. Although expedition ampharos would help, its pretty much a weaker version of energy trans.

-1 Ampharos EX
    -1 Zangoose (not wise to have a single of a card)
    +2 Expedition Ampharos

4. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Archetype? That's a funny word in our modified. Yeah, other than Gardevior/EX, there aren't any Archetypes. There are just too many good and flexible cards that one card would have to be better than.

5. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

Well actualy i think the plus Energy SKitty is very usefull in any deck

6. Scizor

Scizor New Member

Do you guys even know what Ampharos EX does? Fighting ownz it? HOW? What fighting? This combo is lethal and this deck is very good and will be an archtype Prime do you even know what an archtype is? This place just gets worse! When is Pokeneo coming back?

7. Prime

Yes I know what a archetype is. Just someone going on about how there own deck will be a archetype when in reality it won't makes me laugh. To be a archetype, a large quantity of people must be playing it. Until then, my friend, your deck is not a archetype.

8. Prime

Wait, doesn't delcatty have a fighting weakness too? Wow, fighting will womp over this. Maybe have a grass/electric deck to combat your weakness.

9. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Prime, I for one say Amphy will become an Archetype. Just wait and find out. Amphy will work in soo many different ways its amazing. The only thing that will threat amphy, imo will be Harianyma, whatever how you spell it.

Ill be posting my amphy list whenever i get the EX: Dragons patch for apprentice ... after i do some playtesting with it.

10. Prime

I didn't say it wouldn't, just this deck isn't one.

11. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

ok this OBVIOUSLY will become a archetype amphy is WAY too strong to be ignored.

People please just be quiet about fighting. There is NO good fighting pokemon is worth playing let alone beat gardy =\

Now on to the deck I like this a lot but frankly it looks like your playing too few energy I mean Delcatty takes A LOT to support it consistantly, but with the navs and elekid it might be just fine either way I would still like to bump it up to 16 possibly.

The biggest problem youll see is gardy right now due to the fact that they got the wobbers ;\ which leads me to think you might wanna play some of the flaffy's that do 50 from expedition just to take out those wobbufets or possibly even the amphy from the set.

Anyways good luck with the deck AJ ttyl

12. Prime

No good fighting? Have you seen dragons? Here is a list of good fighting that will dominate this deck.

-Hitmonchan EX(Two shots)
    -Golem EX(one shot)
    -Golem(two shots)
    -Armaldo(two shots)
    -Solrock(two shots)
    -Sandslash(two shots)
    -Hariyama(OHKO)
    -Skyridge Machamp(may get OHKO)
    -Aquapolis Nidoking(if heads, OHKO)

So ironicly there is many good cards that can beat Ampharos EX. Sure it is strong, but just like every other card, it has a weakness. And with this card in play, the weakness will be played alot more.

13. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Now, I'm gonna ignore all the posts about why it is NOT the next archetype, because since unfair things like Tyrogue aren't around anymore, ANYTHING can be the next big archetype! However, this deck isn't, and even with any fixing I give, it still won't be. However, I'll see what I can do:

~~~Conductivity~~~

Pokemon (20):

2 Elekid(SS)
    2 Skitty (Uncommon R/S)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)
    4 Mareep(Dragons)
    4 Flaffy(Dragons)
    2 Ampharos ex (Dragons)
    2 Ampharos (Expedition)
    2 Zapdos (Aquapolis)

Trainers (24):
    4 Oracle
    4 Switch
    3 Master Ball
    3 Copycat
    3 Research
    3 Pokemon Nurse
    1 Low Pressure System
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 Fisherman

Energy (16):

16 Lightning

First off, your deck won't be the big Archetype; no deck will be (Yes, even "God" evoir ex :rolleyes:). However, it probably WILL be the deck to beat in your local area. Anyways...Pokemon-wise, you were okay, other than the fact that you needed a little fighting protection, as, while fighting isn't big in the format at the moment, it could still hurt a LOT. Best to be safe than sorry, fo sho.

Energy-wise, you needed just a bit more...14's way too low.

Last of all, your trainers looked nice; I just modified quantiies/threw in nurses to compliment the new strategy.

Well, good luck with the deck man!

14. Pablo

Pablo New Member

well im not sure if amphy ex alone will be a threat, but combined with expedition amphy, it can cover its weakness in 2 ways by adding the right energys. wobbu kills hariyama, and articuno/zapdos/moltres all have resistance against fighting, so there you go, 4 different ways (at least) to cover amphys weakness, and help itself to counter other stuff. Amphy ex and Kingdra ex, combined with their non- ex variants that move energy around, are just a better version of sceptile tech. theyve got more reliable attacks (kingdras ex genetic memory, and amphys atack) and also amphy ex has its power to help him. Yes sceptile ex can move energy where it wants, amphy has got a minor restriction, but is compensated by a really cool attack.

15. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Well Sceptile doesn't rely on its own attack but yeah Amphy or even Kingdra getting this new attacker if they somehow can work as well in using multiple types as Sceptile then it will be scary. I believe Ampharos ex will become an archetype. Good attack, good power, lots of HP, good ampharos to combo with. The only fighting I cna see as a problem right now is that many people seem to tech Solrock which can be a quick 80 to it. Dragons Golem is intriguing as a pretty good bench attacker with a good rage attack too.

16. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Wow, some of these comments are COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. and whoever said poke-neo needs to comeback amen dude. Whoever was talkin about fighting too. WHAT FIGHTING IS THERE? GOLEM EX?(Laughs) there is no way Golem EX will beat this. Poke-Neo people agree with me at least i know that i have them.
    TheAnswer

17. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Umm Wait. Is it 5 ENERGY for Golem EX? I have Ampharos down Consistantly 3rd turn no issue, unless Golem Has Resistance to lighting then Its FINISHED. 2 Tails Flips puts 80 on Golem then 70 on a Heads and its gone and if it Kills me i ALWAYS have another Ampharos ready. I may be overlooking Golem but i dont see it getting big. Espicially with Weakness to Grass/Water which i believe it has when Exeggutor kills it with 2 good flips along with Sceptile=/. Armadalo may be a valid point, Hitmonchan EX is TERRIBLE among various other fightings mentioned. IF your worried about fighting regardless how hard is it to put a 2-2 Espeon line in this DECK not hard=/
    TheAnswer

18. Prime

I can get Golem EX out third turn with two fighting, attach a boost and hit ampharos for 240.

19. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

ok then you lose to every other deck in the field NICE! ;\

20. Prime

I lose to every other deck in the field? Please explain lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.