Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Next English Diamond and Pearl Set is Named ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eww... I don't like that name. Majestic Dawn just doesn't flow.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

I peronally like it. If you look at what people (not me) have said about other sets name, this is a cut above them, but that is JMO.

Drew

Wow, DP5 info already.

I like "dawn" (since that word gives a very strong indication of Glaceon and Leafeon making their debut), but "majestic" makes me think of lions, which confuses me. Or possibly kings, like Slowking, Nidoking, Slaking, Kingler, Seaking, Kingdra and Politoed.

Wait, there's a Politoed in Japan's DP5, and actually a Luxray too! Luxray is a lion, right? This set name is proof that Pokémon USA are including cards from Japan's DP5 in our DP5. :eek:

To be serious, though: I'm very excited about this expansion, and can't wait to see what's in it and how it will shape this year's World Championships.

EDIT: I just figured out my comment about "dawn" won't make any sense for non-Japanese readers because of a mistranslation in the spoiler lists for DP4. For anyone who got confused by the part about "dawn": the Eeveelution-themed set of the Japanese DP4 block that is known as "Night Dashing" in spoilers and in the US/INTL community is actually called Dawn Dashing in Japanese, and can also be interpreted as "Sprinting/Dashing for/to the dawn". :) The Cresselia and Darkai-themed booster pack had a theme of night, darkness and moonlight, while the Eeveelution one had a theme of the following daybreak.

Last edited:
I like the set name. It actually sticks in my mind, unlike the last three sets. Great Wonders? Secret Encounters? Mysterious Treasures? They all sound the same.

My first thought was that if we have a "Majestic Dawn" will we get a "Fantastic Ash?"

lol.....

[terrible anime pun]
And Majestic Dawn comes out in May!
[/terrible anime pun]

Anyways, the set name is kinda predictable. They're just continuing the Generic Adjective + Slightly less generic noun combination.

Majestic Dawn...sounds fitting because of the eeveelutions.... Theme deck would be Leafeon and Glaceon, hello?

imo the name is the best of the dp sets so far, and it comes out 2 months before nats, so that should give people lots of time to test stuff.

Time for a one name set--these two parters are really getting interchangeable to the point of being ridiculous. The "cool" adjective followed by the "important" noun game is just kitschy. I'll take one worders ("jungle") or vivid descriptions ("temple of anger") over "exciting clashes" any day.

IMO, the best name for a DP set was the 1st, simply titled 'Diamond and Pearl.' With these crappy names being rolled of left and right, I'd almost rather have a generic 'Diamond and Pearl, Diamond and Pearl 2, Diamond and Pearl 3,...etc'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back