The Oldies Cartoons: Darkwing Duck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Syrix_001, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syrix_001

Syrix_001 New Member

Okay, again this is another one of my creations, this being the one that I am currently running at the moment. Once again, I'd prefer civilized comments about it and not some useless dribble called "deck help." Without further ado, here is the Oldies cartoon, Darkwing Duck!

Pokemon: 20
    3-3 Furret
    3-3 Aerodactyl
    4-2-2 Honchkrow Lv X

Energy: 16
    10 Basic Darkness Energy
    4 Special Darkness Energy
    2 Call Energy

Trainers/Supporter's/Stadiums: 26
    4 Celios Network
    3 Roseanne's Research
    2 Night Maintenence
    3 Warp Point
    4 Pokedex
    3 Quick Ball
    2 Holon Fossil
    3 Team Galactic's Wager

Strategy: Hopefully Start with Furret and set up 2 Aerodactyl by turn 4 to start spreading Poke-power damage (any suggestions on how to make it run faster are appreciated.) Use Honchkrow to snipe while staying safe behind Murkrows.

I realized at the last second that I was 2 cards shy of 60 and randomly placed in the 2 call energy. I was told at pre-release that Call Energy can call out Fossils, but I'm not so sure because of the way the cards are worded. If someone can get a ruling on this, that would be appreciated since I could use the diagnostics of the fossils to my advantage, and probably take out the Furrets as they more hinder my setup, than help it.

2. berra_gud

berra_gud New Member

well i like the idea but i think you shoul take out some energies since u dont really need them that much, then add one more sentret an some trainers , maybe TGM

3. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

Not 2 weeks ago, i wanted to make a Golduck-Honchcrow deck, just so i could make bad darkwing duck referances ^_-

4. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

-3 sentret
    -3 furret
    -2 call energy

+3 Pachi GE
    +3 phione
    +2 premire ball.(These are REALY good. Why don't I see anyone using them?)

Hope that works.

5. Syrix_001

Syrix_001 New Member

Okay, but what good does Pachirisu do me if I can already Swarm with the Murkrows for more Murkrows, and can't pull Old Amber from the deck with it? With Phione, even if Pachi is used to access Phione, I can already set up a Honchkrow lickety-split, and being a 1-stage evo, it doesn't need but for me to draw into it, or use Celio's.

The only argument that I can make for keeping the Furret in is that it can set me up insanely fast... well, faster than it would if I were waiting to draw into cards and such.

I just have the problem of the speed.

I know Aerodactyl is good, but (using everyone's favorite comparative deck) it only hurts Gardevoir, and Gallade would be the one I need to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.