The Power of Garchomp LV. X

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by kristi, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristi

kristi New Member

IF we get this card next set (before Nats), then I think that it can be made into a really good deck.

Pokemon-21
    2 Garchomp LV X DP5
    2 Garchomp MT
    2 Gabite MT
    3 Gible MT
    3 Flygon EX d
    2 Salamence EX
    1 Salamence EX d
    2 Furrett
    2 Sentret
    1 Jirachi DP5
    1 Lunatone GE

Energy-17
    6 Psychic
    7 Water
    4 Fire

Trainers-22
    2 Rosseane's Research
    2 Holon Mentor
    4 Bebe's Search
    2 Ceilio's Network
    4 TVR
    2 Crystal Beach
    2 NM
    1 Lake Boundry
    1 Scott
    2 Rare Candy

Strategy:
    I know it needs work, but you basically just do major damage to your opponent's bench. Garchomp lv x can do up to 30 to each of your opponent's pokemon with his power, and his attack lets you choose 1 of your non-lv x pokemon in your discard pile and play it on your bench as a basic and attatch 3 basic energies from your discard pile to that pokemon. You get a Flygon EX d out and start smacking your opponent's active in the face while doing even more damage to their bench. Later, you get out a Salamence EX and do 30 to each of their bench, taking like 2-4 prizes. For the last prize, you can use his other attack to do 150 and you pretty much get a gaurunteed KO.

Help is appriciated.:redface:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  2. Riq

Riq New Member

rare candies?????

3. kristi

kristi New Member

Yeah, I didn't really know if I should put some in here... Call me a n00b, but with only 2 cards that I would ever candy, I didn't know if they were needed...:confused:

4. metagross

metagross New Member

Well Candies are really more for speed. You can celio and candy your sentret into furret if you go second for example.

Also it might be better to go with a straighter T2 approach. The idea would be to set up one Garchomp Lv.X use that one to bring another Garchomp on your bench. When the first gets KOd, Level up the second, rinse and repeat. If your opponent had to KO 6 of your Garchomp Lv.X, you would get to flip 18 coins. Statistics make that 90 damage to the whole bench. Not counting a Flygon ex TeCH when your opponent is down to one prize.
    Heck, you could even play that without energies if you so wished. Just 4 Super scoop ups to offer even more opportunity to level up. 4 Scrambles would probably be a good idea though.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.