The Rhypalade

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Red Haired Shanks, Jul 5, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks New Member

This deck seems to know it's place, even if DRE and Scramble were still legal, this deck wouldn't really need it. Maybe I should add another groudon for the extra energy attach

4-3-2-2 Rhyperior

3-2-3 Gallade

3 Groudon
    __________________________________________________________________________22 pokemon

15 Fight energy
    5 Psychic energy
    ________________________________________________________20 energy
    2 warp Point
    1NM
    2 TM:De-Volver
    2 TM:Evolutionator
    2 Poke-Radar
    1Stark Mountain
    1 Speed Stadium
    1 Roseanne's Research
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Bubble Coat
    1 Felicity's drawing
    ____________________________________________________________________18 T/S/S

startegy, hmmmm, Quick energy attaching. Such as Groudon will be a starter or Ralts. 1st turn Ralts/Psychic energy then next turn Rare Candy/Gallade/ but first will have to be Groudon so I think 2 Groudon or 3 will the good for another energy attach
    then the psychic cut begins but that might be too good to have for a hand so that's why I have extra draw cards such as speed stadium and felicity's. Rhyperior Is mostly for the late game because of hard crush and Toss up.

I got some spoilers incase some people don't know what these cards do:

____________________________________________________________Stark Mountain

Stark Mountain – Stadium

Once during each player's turn, that player may choose 1 Fire Energy or 1 Fighting Energy attached to his or her Pokemon, and move it to one of his or her Fire-type Pokemon or Fighting-type Pokemon.

A Stadium can only be put into play next to your Active Pokemon once during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name is put into play, discard this card
    _____________________________________________________________Groudon

Groudon LV.45 – Fighting – HP100
    Basic Pokemon

[.] Drought: Attach up to 2 Basic Fighting Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.
    [F][F][C] Huge Quake: 100 damage. Discard 2 Fighting Energy attached to Groudon and do 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
    Resistance: Lightning (-20)
    Retreat: 3
    _____________________________________________________________Rhyperior LvX

Rhyperior LV.X – Fighting – HP170
    Level Up

[.] Hard Crush: Discard 5 cards from the top of your deck. This attack does 50 damage for each Energy discarded in this way.
    [F][F][C] Toss Up: 60 damage. Remove all Fighting Energy from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and return them to your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: Water (x2)
    Resistance: Lightning (-20)
    Retreat: 4
    _______________________________________________________________Poke Radar

Poke-radar – Trainer

Look at the top 5 cards of your deck, choose any number of Pokemon you find there, show them to your opponent, and put them in your hand. Return the remaining cards to your deck and shuffle your deck
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

How is this deck looking so far? Good or Bad? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

: / I don't see the combo. Rhyperior is slow, and 2hko by Kingdra IF you can even get him up. Adding gallade with no energy accel beyond ONE groudon...is just bad.

3. Red Haired Shanks

So I should have 3 or 4 Groudon In my deck?

4. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

At least 3. And you need to be packin like 4 switch/warp point so you can get the heck out of there once you're done.

5. Red Haired Shanks

edited, Is the deck any better now?

6. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Better, but i would still up the switch. high retreats costs will, uh, cost you.

7. Red Haired Shanks

Can you tell me what to take out and what to put in? It's really hard to decide between cards that go with this deck.

8. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

-2 Devolver TM
    -1 Speed Stadium

+2 Switch/Warp Point
    +1 Stark Mountain

9. Red Haired Shanks

okay, edited. thanks, but why sould I take out devolver, sonic blade then devolve for the high chance knock out.

10. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

I don't see the combo here, and you should add gardeviour.

11. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

You basically told him to make PLOX, and, well....he posted a Rhypalade deck. NOT PLOX.

12. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Adding 1 or 2 gardeviour for his power won't hurt and since he has gallade why not? Besides he can just let him sit in the bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.