The serious Joke Deck, Blastoise EX

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Spectreon, Feb 23, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

After alot of fun at CC in Plano yesterday, some of us were talking about the new EX Starters recently released in Japan, which you can find a spoiler for in the TCG Furom. Me loving Blastoise of old school, and getting Rain Dance back is just killer (ok so it is ever so slightly changed, but still...), but what to use it with.... Well, lets use one of my old Neo-On decks I loved so much, Kingdra. Its new rendition is in EX form, but very simular as well. So here was the idea...

first spoiler...

Blastoise-ex Water-type 150HP
    [Poke-Power][Energy Rain]
    As often as you like during your turn, choose 1 Water energy card from your hand, and attach it to 1 of your pokemon in play, then does 10 damage to that pokemon.
    [W W W C][Destructive Whirlpool] 80
    Filp the coin until get tails, discard number of energy cards attached to the defending pokemon that equals to number of heads. (This attack I not really sure because the Scans are not that clear.)

Ok, since the attack wasnt clear, we wont bother to concentrate on that, its all about its power....

Now Kingdra EX, 150 HP, GL Weak, no resist 2 retreat
    Recall (???) W, copies the atttack from one of its previos evolutions.

+

Horsea, Dragons, 40 HP, L weak, Retaliate, does 10x number of damage on Horsea to the defending....

This deck is all about speed and damage control, we dont wanna worry about having to find, or put in a crap load of energy, so we will add in AQ Espeon, its power allows you to return any energy card in play back to your hand.

So now this deck is all about speed, and finding what you need, as quickly as you can... If by some fluke you get this whole thing set up turn 2, it is very unlikely your opponent will be able to recover from all the daamge Kingdra can do. The idea is to rare candy Blastoise, set up Espy, and Seadra/Wally to Kingdra EX ASAP...... so here goes

22 Pokemon
    2 Dunsparce
    3 Horsea
    3 Seeadra
    2 Kingdra EX
    1 Kingdra AQ
    2 Squirtle
    1 Wartortle
    2 Blastoise EX
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty Energy Draw
    2 Magnemite
    2 Magneton Magnetic Feilds

25 Trainers
    4 Oracle
    3 Reporter
    3 Shaman
    3 Wallys Training
    3 Nurse
    1 TV
    1 Fisherman
    2 Warp Point
    2 Crystal Shard
    3 Rare Candy

13 Energy
    2 Warp
    1 Cyclone
    10 Water

Ok, the straight out Strategy, drop out Stoise, Rain Dance the same energy over and over to Kingdra EX, causing enough damage to it to retaliate and KO the defending. On turn 2 you will generally need 5-8 counters on it to KO almost anything... Turn 3 you might need alot more, but still, learning to use the combo/damage wisely will go along way in any battle... I just feel sorry for it against Amphy EX though, Rain Dance does 20 per energy, OUCH!!! Well, like it, hate it, rant it, rate it.....

This was a combined effort of me and a couple of other guys, our veiws do not reflect, and are not in anyway associated with DA' GYM, lol......

2. Ron13

Ron13 New Member

Looked really good, until I remembered...

Horsea DR1 (U) - 40 HP
    [1] Retaliate (10x) Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on Horsea.

I wouldn't be relying on this =/...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Stupid flip.... i havent played the new Kingdra yet, keep meaning too, but recently pulled the needed Kindgra EX's. Its been a while since I actually read the Horsea card... ok so know its luck envolved, but still, its a lot of Early game damage for 1 mere W energy......

4. psycodad

psycodad New Member

The card is impressive but you take damage if you are playing against amphy ex.

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Don't know about this combo but Blastoise ex will really lead Water back to one of the top types assuming Blaziken is still big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.