The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture (GENdai SHIkaku Bunka KENkyuukai)

Discussion in 'Anime Realm' started by Professor_Chris, Oct 18, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Professor_Chris

Professor_Chris Active Member

Yeah, that's right. Genshiken 2 is finally airing! I'm not sure if anyone else here enjoyed the first season and OVA, but I really liked it. This new season has quite an epic intro, but don't be fooled: there are no giant robots.

The episode preview at the end of the second episode was awesome.

Ogiue: I wonder what the boundaries are with the anime songs that are okay to sing when you're with normal people.
    Saki: Aren't they all no good?
    Ohno: That's not true. Kimu-taku sings "Hajimete no Chu."
    Saki: I wonder if Eva and Sailor Moon are okay.
    Ohno: It all depends on the mood. Same thing with Keroro and Negima.
    Ogiue: Then what's definately off limits?
    Ohno: These days that'll include "Motteke ****** ****" and "Hare Hare *****"
    Saki: What are those?

For the record, Keroro Gunsou songs are all full of win and I would never sing Hare Hare ***** or Motteke ****** **** in front of anyone.

Anyone who doesn't know the censored song names should be ashamed of themselves. (They're censored in the anime, not because they're inappropriate mind you)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. ShadowTogetic

ShadowTogetic New Member

If not sing, how about the dance, then? =D

3. Professor_Chris

Motteke ***** ****? No. Hare Hare *****? I might could possibly be coerced into doing it. Afterall, I've got that whole "I really don't want to be here" straight face down pat. Now, this is assuming I had enough rhythm to accomplish it. However, it is unlikely that I do.

Aside from that, I was humming "Afro Gunsou" during the grinder, so Keroro songs are always awesome. Of course, I was in the middle of a Keroro Gunsou marathon at the time. I started watching it right before I left to move to WA. I watched it the entire drive over, during the plane rides, at night in the hotel, etc. etc. Caught up on all 103 subbed episodes. That's how awesome Keroro Gunsou is.

4. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

I only know hare hare yukai, some anime fan I am *bang* =\

5. Professor_Chris

You can be forgiven for not knowing the other one. Lucky Star was pretty love/hate.

6. Professor_Chris

This topic deserves to be bumped for episode 10: "Otaku from the USA" this episode was amazing if only because 90% of the dialog was in English and all Suzy could say was lines from anime in Japanese. The Kururu laugh was priceless.

I will never, ever complain about names getting pronounced wrong in English again. Ever.

7. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I've gotta get my anime club interested in this thing again...

Oh, and I'm probably going to get the game JUST for that quote, Chris...