The takedown of archetypes

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by phoenixback4fire, Nov 14, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

So I was thinking (while in class) that there has to be some way to be safe from the meta game like just some way to make a deck to throw off whats been thought of as staple decks aka Blissy , Magmortar , Galade/gardivouir , amphoros, and empolion So I came up with this arangment of pokemon

4-3-3-1 Empolion (to snipe early game and take out magmortarS!)
    2-2 Claydol EX ( to take care of blissy AND gardivour/gallade decks - monarchy too)
    1-1 Amhoros ( to take out mirror matches and to help with snipe)
    1-1 omistar PK ( its a possibility ....Just for shear terror)

I dont have time to get a list together (triners/NRG's) right now but ill try n post this deck tonight somtime around 8-9 ish

If anyones got thoughts,tips,or opinions id like to hear them

2. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Dude, your blowing my mind! You are listing "archetypes" as ways to counter "archetypes." What mirror match with Ampharos are you talking about? Don't forget that Claydol ex is also decent against Mario. But why do you say Blisey? Do you mean by removing its energy with its attack and/or the +30 from weaknes? Trust me, Blissey will just take them from the discard pile and reattach them. Also, Blissey will smash that pot in 1-3 turn(s), gaining two prizes. -Not the best option If you did make a deck like this, you would have WAY to much going on at once. No offense, but it would be very inconsistent with too many types of energy and techs. There really isn't a universal deck that can just counter anything. Sorry for being so harsh. I will try to think of better options for you later if any come to me! Good luck though!

3. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

You can't just put a bunch of decks together and say its a counter to everything. This would never work.

4. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

If Destiny was still around,then you could play that,but for now,just play one archtype or some disruption rogue deck.

5. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Lets list a pokemon-Ex that gets OHKO'd by Gardevoir as a counter to Gardevoir. Thats the new play I hear.