Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The UK's pre-Nationals National events - the rumour machine starts here!!ONE

Freddy K.

Alongside these events we have several other projects which will become apparent over the next few months. (Mall tours, store releases, a SECOND national event, Demo Team....)

Leicester. London. Nationals.

~ not DMTM.

SECOND National Event? Unless it is meant for the DS or a non-TCG pokémon game (eek figures nationals!) I really don't understand. Nationals is a yearly final tourney to qualify for Worlds, so what would a second event qualify for? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will turn out really cool. A large scale Limited event would be a fantastic alternative and accompinate to a Nationals preconstructed. E.g. anyone who has been to n or more tournaments is invited, enterance is free and boosters given out etc. are a loyalty reward.

SECOND National Event? Unless it is meant for the DS or a non-TCG pokémon game (eek figures nationals!) I really don't understand. Nationals is a yearly final tourney to qualify for Worlds, so what would a second event qualify for? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will turn out really cool. A large scale Limited event would be a fantastic alternative and accompinate to a Nationals preconstructed. E.g. anyone who has been to n or more tournaments is invited, enterance is free and boosters given out etc. are a loyalty reward.

There used to be more than one oppurtunity a year to go to worlds via gym challenges. It worked fairly well, but i don't really remember too much from that era anyway.

A second pre-Nationals National event is scheduled in Leicester, the other one being in London. I don't have further details yet but got this info* from Phoenix Games. It's for the TCG and I'm assuming MF.

-fK

*rumour

Pre-Nationals means before Nationals..

would it be a premier rated event...... or invites to nats or worlds?

For one thing, being in separate locations means more people can play at least one and less travel etc.

i agree but it should also not clash wif any of the CCs or RCs being held as it would be hard for players to choose lol....

Ok Ok need to stop the rumour machine here.....

Facts, as they are now....

There will be a second national event (National meaning inviting players from all over the UK)

This is for the Pokemon TCG

This will not be untill after the Nationals

This will be a qualify to take part event,

Yes it will have a premier tag on it.

No this would not be a direct qualifier for Worlds 08/09.

This is being designed and run purely by us for the players/to's/profs as an "extra" large scale event.

As I have said on another thread, details will be released towards the end of Feb.

Ta

Chris

Sounds like a glorified local tourney. Any event is national provided people can be bothered to travel.

I think it is more likely to be along the lines of the Battle Royal at London but with official support. So better prizes.. and with no restriction on foreign players could be a great event to rack up some points :D

Sounds like a glorified local tourney. Any event is national provided people can be bothered to travel.

A "glorified local tourny" which will have it's own qualifiers, prize structure, etc with side events, free to enter and with prizes/2009 national places and good K value.......

Yes sounds like a run of the mill local to me.....

A "glorified local tourny" which will have it's own qualifiers, prize structure, etc with side events, free to enter and with prizes/2009 national places and good K value.......

Yes sounds like a run of the mill local to me.....

ROFL Dom just got 0wned by Venomex and UK OP heheh :thumb:

-fK

Back