(the Uncatchable) Pokemon Abilities

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by GuardianTIM, Nov 16, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

The other day I was using the Battle-E cards, and I had a Gardevoir in my team.

The 'old' Pokemon I battled were:
    2x Blastoise
    2x Gengar
    2x Houndoom

I found it interesting to note that because my Gardevoir's Ability was Trace, I saw what my opponent's ability was.

Anyways, both Blastoise's had Torrent - (Like Mudkip->Swampert)
    Both Gengars had Levitate - (Like Koffing/Weezing)

However, the 2 Houndooms had different Abilities.
    One of them had Early Bird (like Natu/Xatu, or Girafarig)
    The other had Flash Fire (like Vulpix/Ninetales)

If anyone else knows about what sort of abilities the older pokemon have (or should I say the ones not found in RuSa as yet), please post them here.

2. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Well, serebii.net's Pokedex, here, has the ability info in the pokédex page for that Pokémon.
    Also, Pokémon Forever, here and this may be more helpful, has all the Pokémon's abilities listed right next to their name for quick reference under the "Pokémon Data" section.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  3. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Thankyou.

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Most of the old Pokemon have the same available abilities that current ones have.

All 9 Starters have the same 3 Abilities. All 3 Water have Torrent, 3 Fire have Blaze, and 3 Grass have Overgrow.

The coolest would have to be Tyranitar (not Pupitar or Larvitar unfortunately). His abilty Sand Stream is simular to Kyogre and Groudon. It kicks up a Sandstorm as soon as he is released....

5. Dek

Dek New Member

ooo...I smell a Cacturne (Sand Veil ability) combo to go very well with that Tyranitar.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Yeah I know, holding a Laz Incense or Bright Powder.... 2 Evassive upgrades before you attack.

7. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

also note that some pokemon have multiple abilities. Gardevoir could have traced one one time and the other the other time.

Hope this helps,

treecko

8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I am sure the Houndooms were from 2 different Ecards.

The 6 Ecards containing old Pokemon only had 3 that arent readily available in RuSa. They where Blastoise, Gengae and Houndoom. Each of them appears on 2 different cards (3 pokemon x 2 cards each = 6 Ecards with old Pokemon). Since there are two different Houndoom Ecards, I am sure 1 card posses 1 ability while the other Ecard has the other ability.

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

oops, double post....

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003