The Wall (Mod.)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Baboon, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baboon

Baboon New Member

I went and made up a new deck finally, so here it is...
    "The Wall" (Mod.)
    Pokemon: 21
    4 Geodude (EX3 #55)
    4 Graveler (2 E1, 2 EX3 #30)
    3 Golem (E1)
    1 Golem ex
    4 Natu (EX2)
    3 Xatu (EX2)
    2 Dunsparce (EX2)

Energy: 17
    10 Fighting
    5 Psychic
    2 Boost

Trainers: 22
    4 Master Ball
    3 Copycat
    3 Oak's Research
    3 Warp Point
    3 Potion
    2 Oracle
    2 Super Scoop Up
    2 Town Volunteers

The whole idea is to have it not be fun to get past Golem as easily as normally. The Poke-Body will reduce all incoming damage by 10, so there's a start, and each Xatu I get in play will remove 10 damage a turn. Then, I have 3 Potion, as just removing a max of 30 a turn won't cut it, but it will help. Everything else really isn't too complicated, so I shouldn't have to explain. :p

Gardevoir will still probably beat this deck up pretty badly, but not every deck is Gardevoir... Only 95% of them. :p
    Post some advice if you have it. :)

2. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Here are some other ideas for healing if you ever get some spots open.

Moo-Moo Milk - Some say it is better than potion, some say it is worse. I think it is second best if not better.

Briney's Compassion - You only have one EX, so think about picking up a golem after having 110 damage done to it.

Oran Berry - Just like potion only but you can attach it and get a new hand. No surprize though.

Full Heal - People might try to poison you to stop your constant healing, so full heal would come in use maybe.

Buffer Piece - This is like a Defender only a tool. Attach it when you know you can beat them next turn. It defends 20 for the next turn. Team that up with Xatu's and you barely take any damage at all. Some will even be stupid to not attack that turn, and then you get an extra turn to heal with Xatu.

I would reccomment having 4/4 Xatu line.

3. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Cool deck, Baboon. Let's see if I can help. Take out three potion and add three buffer piece. Way better than potion, trust me. Well, let's rephraze that. I think it's better than potion. If anyone wants to rant about that, go ahead, make my day. Drop a gravely, with 4 Master Ball you should be able to find him. Add a fourth copycat and take Oak's Research down to two. Subtract one volunteers as well, and add another sparce and a super scoop up. So the new deck looks like:

Pokemon: 21
    4 Geodude (EX3 #55)
    3 Graveler You pick it, baboon.
    3 Golem (E1)
    1 Golem ex
    4 Natu (EX2)
    3 Xatu (EX2)
    3 Dunsparce (EX2)

Energy: 17
    10 Fighting
    5 Psychic
    2 Boost

Trainers: 22
    4 Master Ball
    4 Copycat
    2 Oak's Research
    3 Warp Point
    3 Buffer Piece
    2 Oracle
    3 Super Scoop Up
    1 Town Volunteers

If anyone thinks I did something wrong please don't hesitate to criticize. I'd love advice from more experienced players than myself.

And one more thing, to all the people who have been criticizing my supporter 7-11 thing. Someone recently (I think it was mudkip) said 14-16 supporters is normal.

Hold on.

That means one out of every four cards you draw is a supporter. And you can only use one supporter per turn. And usually, cards that let you draw supporters are supporters to begin with! Granted, Delcatty is there, but that's one exception. Please I'd like a good explanation of why supporters should be used in numbers like 15 w/o getting completely flamed and my question not explained. I'm a poet! :D

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Bufferpeice vs Potion... pretty much the same effect.... But ption beats it out... Potion cures 20 of any king of damage, poison, Counters being placed, Buffer on reduces physical damage.... either are good choices though... but Potion would be slighty beter, IMO. Or possibly Moo-moo as mentioned (potentially better/worse, averagely the same)

One disagreement with Woopers Fix. There is no Candy in the deck, so a 4-3-4 Golem/EX line just doesnt look right. To fix it, drop Golem EX DR... one more free card. add a fourth Xatu....

Now Briney over Super Scoop, as you wont be using any EX's. Mayb ework in a third, dorp Geodude fo rit (Line will be 3-3-3)

my fix, take it or leave it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.