The youngest... that came up on top

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER, Nov 26, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER

OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER New Member

My Masters City Championship, at age 15 was a great success.

So I stayed the night Friday at Clint A.'s house, and honestly did not know what I was playing, so I kept calling Josh (Madhatter) to figure out what to play, and we both decided that Mad ol Hatter would be the best choice. On the other hand, Clint was clueless and did not figure out what to play, until five minutes before the tourney began, so he quickly made a 4-3-1 Honchkrow deck, and won 1st place in seniors.

FIVE ROUNDS
    TOP 4

Game 1
    Steven
    Electivire/Flygon

We start off, I start off with shuppet, ascension, and t2, 3, and 5 I ko his guys, and I am ahead three prizes to six. So I feel confident. He levels up to Vire x, stupid me having cessation on banette, he pluspowers for ko and I cannot do anything to him next turn. So I get frusturated and finally ko his stupid vire X, at this point it is 2-3 my lead and then he plays TSD, I WAS LIKE NOOOOOO, he gets one heads and guess what he gets the vire X again with me only having two energy on active so I had to attach to bench and then time is called on his turn when he was winning 1-2 so I lost. *tear*
    gg sir

0-1

Game 2
    [R] Visitor's Girlfriend
    Krickitune

So after calculating, I have to win all of my games and my opponent will have to do good for me to make the cut, I was sad : ( So everybody is fussing about what is better Tune of Banette. I start first ascension, she starts off with a tot, and mentors for three on bench, I was like ughh she attaches and then its my turn. I topdeck the energy tvr discarding banette for the ko. From then on she cannot recover, she tries to dre but off by 10 : / It all went downhill and I won
    WOOT
    gg miss

1-1

Lunch Break
    Wooo Clint's dad says if both Clint and I, since we lost the first round lose again then we are leaving for the hockey game, this made me sad and yet modivated. I had Subway for lunch cuz its the best in the west rofl. I checked the standings, and I was the highest 1-1 cuz the guy I lost to went 2-0.

Game 3
    [R] Visitor (Travis)
    Queenhatter

He flips over stantler with duskull on bench, I was like wow Queenhatter, since I had played it twice already in the BR's and helped create it I knew the deck like the back of my hand. I start off with sableye and disable lead for three turns powering up my banettes, and he had a perfect field and everything, I thought I was going to lose. I warp he brings up amphy SW I do 40 and then the next turn do 80 plus pp for the ko. From then on he didnt take a prize card on me til I had one left and he finally ko'd my banette. Then I brough up my SECOND one and ko'd his Nidoqueen d with 2 pp for 200 damage rofl.
    gg sir

2-1

Game 4
    Richard (Clint's Dad)
    Madevoir

So I am pretty confident about this match because I have played this deck before also, he starts off with ralts I belive, and I ko him t3 because I thought he had 50 hp turn 2, I misplayed that and had to do 10 t3 for the ko. He sends up furret keen eye's, I do 80 plus the pp for 90 and the ko. I am doing pretty good here, he sends up gallade, ko'ing my banette. I send up another banette and do my thing, I ko it eventually, he sends up shiftry ex and target attacks my active, at the end I had one banette left with one energy on it and zero in hand he had 5 counters left, and we both had two prizes left. He did not notice my first attack and I do a double ko with ghost head and I win.
    vgg sir

3-1

Game 5
    Corypoke2 (Cory C.)
    Gallade/Gardy/Shiftry with Sableye CG start

This game is a slight blur to me, all I know is if I win I go to top, if I lose he goes to the top. Before the tourney we looked at each other's decks so we both knew what one another were playing. I remember ko'ing his active t2 and then he just keeps bringing up pokemon and I keep killing em, he has gallade active after koing my banette. I send up another add two pp for the ko and win.
    vgg sir

4-1

So I know I make the finals for sure because my opponent that I lost too went undefeated so I was glad.

TOP 4
    1. Steven - Electivire/Flygon
    2. Daniel - Mad ol Hatter - ME
    3. Meadow - Gallade/Gardevoir/Absol SW
    4. Lloyd - Blissey/Lucario

T4
    Meadow
    Gallade/Gardevoir/Absol SW

I start off with Shuppet and ascension t1 and she has a bad start with ralts I end up ko'ing and koing others she concedes for more time.

1-0

She gets the start she wants with Absol, I start out with shuppet she decides on going first I believe, and with me only having one trainer card she discards that and then my Banette : ) woo lol anyways. T2 I get an energy and pp for the ko. Then she just breaks down and I end up winning. Both games she did not draw one prize on me
    gg miss

2-0

I am hoping that Llyod wins because I am resistant to blissey, and cario is weak to banette, sadly he doesnt and the finals is a rematch from round one.

FINALS
    Steven
    Electivire/Flygon

I start off good, with shuppet and acsension t2 for the ko once again. This match is very blurry for a reason, I get cessation t3, and with warp in hand I am not afraid of vire x. I constantly ko his pokemon, he does 110 with vire and then I just send up banette with two pp for ko.

1-0

The second game I start with my tech, drawing one with his attack and then not getting banette until t4 Luckily he didnt have the best start also. I remember just constantly koing his pokemon and he just keeps pulling pokemon out of his sleeve lol, finally last card he has was mew* I do three pluspower for the over kill 220 damage : )

gg sir

and I am the CHAMP

Youngest master there, shows everyone up

Props:
    WINNING
    Josh cuz he is JOSH
    Clint for winning
    Armstrongs for the ride and place to stay
    beast.dec
    Team m
    fun weekend

Slopz:
    Getting sick sunday night when i got back
    No CC bag, cuz they havent arrived
    no X in 18 packs

WOOO

2. Jason

Jason New Member

gj osp :)

3. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

woo im in your props!

gj

4. HoennAsh

HoennAsh New Member

Congrats on your win!

5. Lordofflareons

Lordofflareons New Member

good job, sir.

6. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

Mad ol Hatter is so awesome.

Well, ALL of Josh's decks are awesome.

And it sounds like you are pretty awesome mister, good job.

7. Time for Pain

Time for Pain <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

In game 4 how did you get a double ko when bannette can't put more damage than it's remaining HP?

8. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

GJ man. Was it jut str8 Banette with a tech?

9. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

I forgot to ask, WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD?

ardoptres: if you must know pm me

10. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

Congrats on winning with Banette

:biggrin:Time will tell if Banette is a good deck or not. Thanks to your success I threw one together today to try out a league tonite. One of the top players here in Washington tried a Banette deck and did not top cut with it on Saturday. The next day he switched to Magmortar and won the Championship. So I am not completely sold on the deck. Good job on your winning with it though I wish you continued success (until States when we could face each other) :wink::biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  11. Ascension

Ascension New Member

You mentioned your friend, Clint, with a Honchkrow deck. Can you share what else he used? Disruption, or some other theme... Thanks!

12. hitmonchan93

hitmonchan93 New Member

GJ Daniel. Rack another one up for Team M!

13. OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER

Thanks all, and yes you can commit suicide with your banette for the guy that asked. It says any more then its remaining hp, never says you cannot do until its remaining hp.
    Ascension - he used disruption sir, er2 and stuff like that,

Idk if I can say wahts in the deck without Josh's permission.

THANKS ALL

14. Ascension

Ascension New Member

Thanks for answering and congrats on the win!

15. ilikegengar

ilikegengar Member

Congratulations Daniel!
    Good job.

see you at the next event.

16. OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER

Thanks Nanette, and np Ascension.

woo

17. Team_Rocket_Prodigy

Team_Rocket_Prodigy New Member

GREAT JOB ON WINNING DUDE stinks you got sick though you have to be better for corvallis though great job proving dad wrong:thumb: lol

18. GinoLombardi21

GinoLombardi21 New Member

:cool: I coulda sworn I was the Champ of this tcg! GJ tho