Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Thinking Ahead #3: Opposites attract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Okay, to be on the record, I am not copying OHB's deck in anything other than the title, "sponge." This is how my uber-fast deck would work! The Team Aqua/Magma Sponge deck!

Pokemon (16):
4 TA Sealeo (rare)
4 TA Walrein
4 TM Lairon (Uncommon)
4 TM Aggron

Trainers (24):
4 Root Fossil
4 Claw Fossil
4 Mysterious Fossil
4 Archie
4 Maxie
4 Switch

Energy (20):
4 Double Rainbow
3 Magma
3 Aqua
5 Fighting
5 Water

The deck's basis is simple: Keep on mullagining for the perfect hand. Then, either aim for OHKO's with one of the stage 1's (Fire hates Sealeo, and you can see amphy trembling with Lairon mowing through every card, Electabuzz included), or start building up a more sinister force, like Magma's Aggron (which is the only card in the deck able to handle Ray, despite resistence). Magma, Aqua, and Double Rainbow energies all make excellent additions for speed-related attacks (I may replace the two team energies if they aren't as helpful as regular energy in the long run).

So...is the concept good, bad, or ugly? Your call, folks. I know that it outspeeds/beats down Amphy and Blazi variants, and doesn't do much for Garde in the realms of keeping energy around for manipulation. However, Sceppy/King ex scare me a tad, and the almighty Blaziken ex could put this deck to sleep. Thoughts, comments, etc?

Big discarding (or returning to hand) attacks need to have good backup. Either pokemon with cheap attacks or energy manipulation to power them up again quickly. You have neither. You of course do not need to discard but when your not the deck is just average. I think Boost would add to both of their first attacks better than the Team nrg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back