Thinking Ahead: BaD MoM (Blastoise and Delcatty, Milotic or Magneton?)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Cyrus, Feb 29, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Okay, now I, like many people, have been avidly looking through these set lists out there, and am noticing a LOT of potentially great stuff. So, here's one of my deck ideas...but before the actual decks, you guys need the spoilers!

*thanks go out to Vincent0906, Nick15, and any who played a role in getting these to us! ;)

So, you wonder what I'm going to do with all that, eh? Well, feast your eyes, kiddies!

~~~BaD MoM, Version 1.0~~~

Pokemon (23):
    2 Squirtle (#131, Expedition)
    1 Wartortle (Expedition)
    2 Blastoise ex (ADV 4/5???)
    3 Magnemite (Aquapolis)
    3 Magneton (Dragons Rare)
    2 Feebas (ADV4/5???)
    2 Milotic (ADV4/5???)
    2 Skitty (Ru/Sa Uncommon)
    2 Delcatty (Ru/Sa Foil)
    4 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)

Trainers (19):
    4 Oracle
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Professor Oak's Research
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    2 Pokemon Nurse
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy (18):
    15 Water
    3 Lightning

Okay, so the deck goes like this: Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to get out blastoise, delcatty, and Magneton. Blastoise will provide MASSIVE amounts of energy for Magneton (all across the board, or on just one poke), and he'll be doing plenty of damage. Now, there are only two catches to this strategy: Blastoise deals damage every time you attach with the power, and glory is fleeting (ie Magneton's easy to KO). So, here's where Milotic comes in! You evolve from feebas to milotic, and heal up EVERYBODY *excluding Blastoise ex*! For some more fun, you can Briney's Compassion Milotic again, and heal up a second time. Now, you may be worried if I'm helping my opponent with this power? Well, just remember that Magneton's a tool for one-hit KO'ing, not some damage every now and then...I'm talking MASSIVE hits here, folks!

Even if ADV5 is here after the set roations, the deck won't change too much: I'll just need some new trainers, 's all!

Any added insight would be appreciated!
    ~Patriarch

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  2. Pablo

Pablo New Member

why a 2/1/2 line of blastoise if u aren't playing candy? it does look like archetype material, but it needs something bigger than magneton to attack, something with higher HP, but i have no idea what it could be at the time, I'll have a look around the TM/A spoilers there must be a poke like magma's aggron that can deal alot of damage, and can be played in the first turn of the game.

-MuD

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

RE Venusaur: Hmmm...good idea! I could put it in, but I think I may playtest the idea in a few days to see if it'll work. Then, if it does, I'll try it with Seer as well.

RE Mudkip: Bah! I didn't put the candies in? =/ *goes back and edits post*
    As for playing something bigger and faster, Magma's Aggron would not work at all, simply because the energy can't be on OTHER Pokemon that aren't the 'gron itself. What will you do if it gets OHKO'd, by Rayquaza specifically? I'll stick with Magneton for now, but may try to see what happens with a Maxie/Aggron strategy. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  4. Pablo

Pablo New Member

I wasnt suggesting Aggron, i was saying that a stage 2 like magma's aggron but that can be played in the first turn would be helpful, and aqua's walrein seems to fit perfectly here

-MuD

5. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Well, wouldn't Pokemon Park get rid of that energy problem? Or am I missing a ruling here or something?

6. MountainDewSnorter

MountainDewSnorter New Member

pkmn park was ruled only to be used 1x per turn by Wizards

7. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Lik eI already mentioned on AIM, drop Milotic for Magma's Claydol or Aqua's Manetrike, assuming the Manetrike is right... Dance on it, move it, Nurse/Briney, and you dance for 0 Damage basically....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.