Thinking ahead: Salamence/Latias (E-on)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Cyrus, Sep 29, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Now, I've been seriously playtesting for the tentative E-on (w/ Best of) format, and I've seen a few big guys that have strong possibilities. However, what they have in strength, the format lacks in 100% successful disruption, so those toughies can pick off pokes. However, When the next set, ex-Dragon, is released, we'll get one such card: Salamence, and his gust of wind-esque power.

Dragon Claw, V1.0

Pokemon (18):

3 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
    3 Bagon
    3 Shelgon
    3 Salamence
    2 Latias ex
    2 Azurill
    2 Marill (Error Sandstorm)

Trainers (24):

4 Copycat
    4 Pokenav
    4 Potion
    4 Warp Point
    2 Mr. Briney's Advice
    2 Lady Outing
    2 Wally's Training
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy (18):

4 Rainbow Energy
    7 Water
    7 Fire

Now, before I start describing strategy and whatnot, let me give a spoiler on some of the ex-dragon cards used in my deck:

NOW for strategy. The deck is based around Salamence, the gust-er expert. Also, as support and Gardevoir tech, I have Latias ex in there. Mist ball, while discarding two energies, is worth it, as most pokes get OHKO'ed, and anything else is left wide open for, say, a 60 damage attack *HINT-HINT, SALAMENCE, HINT-HINT.* ;)

However, the trainers seem a little...messed up. I'm going to keep all my navs/copies, potion will heal, and Warp Point will retreat/disrupt, but I seriously think that I have too many Supporters. I have NEVER run 12 supporters in any deck, so this is a little...ummm...akward, yes =/

However, despite its shortcomings, Claw Swipe will prove to be a powerhouse, come e-on time :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

Very interesting, I will say that. It looks like a good deck, though I must say the multi-colored Energy costs strike a bad chord with me. Of course, when one has few options, one goes with the best of what he has -- in this case, the only choice, it seems. The only changes I would really propose are using Rainbow Energies over Multi Energies (since you can have more than one Rainbow attached without losing the effect), and trying to find room for a second Pokemon Fan Club. Of course, that does bring you to 13 Supporters unless you drop another Supporter...

3. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

DITCH THE MULTI ENERGY use moo moo milk instead of potion

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Edit: Tweaked for the new E-on rulings...Why no Elms, Jimmer? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.