This is an Uncreative Title for my Dodrio/Gardy deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Dark Ninja, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

I guess it is a metagame counter is a subtle way. Just look at the deck and I'll explain it.

Pokemon 21
    4 Ralts DF
    3 Kirlia SW
    2/1/1 Gardy PK/SW/LV. X
    3 Doduo MT
    3 Dodrio MT
    4 Stantler

Trainers 23
    3 Celio's Network
    2 Roseanne's Research
    4 Professor Oak's Visit
    2 Team Galactic's Wager
    2 Warp Point
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Night Maintenance
    3 Buffer Piece
    2 Phoebe's Stadium

Energy 16
    12 Psychic Energy
    2 Boost Energy
    2 Scramble Energy

Strategy
    There is no big goal that this deck tries to achieve. If you are really looking for one, I guess it could be damage pokemon with Dodrio and clean up with Gardy, and this deck does do that, but it isn't the focus. The best place to start explaining would be the starter, Stantler. The only reason this guy gets so little recognition is because of all the fast decks around. He is a beast. Grabbing a supporter for nothing allowing me to attach energy to other pokemon. he survives a turn or two against most T2 decks and can hurt opponents set ups if they use a basic starter. Dodrio is a absolute beast. hitting three evolved pokemon for 30 each is great. By the time stantler goes down he should have enough energy to start attacking, and can also use boost or scramble for the attack. Gardy is great. The different one's provide energy excel, give an extra supporter a turn and provide a switch on a card. So many different uses.
    Trainers are straight forward. The 4 Oak's are... well draw power is awesome and can shuffle a Psychic energy to be psy shadow'ed out if really necessary (though I try to avoid Psy shadow if I can.) I may want another Wager or two because of how well tis deck can recover from it. Wager, the win or lose I can still use another supporter from my opponents discard. Phoebe's give all pokemon except stantler free retreat, making warp point awesome.
    This deck can be beastly against Blissey. Because of energy burst, Energy boom, Psy shadow, Bosst and Scramble, and blissey using a large amout of energy, it isn't hard to OHKO or 2HKO Blissey.

Thanks for reading all of that. All comment's ideas fixes and suggestions are welcome.

2. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I don't feel only 2 Boost will work with Dodrio being so prominent in the deck. I would try four.

3. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

What do you suggest dropping? I'd like adding more because they also help in Blissey matchups.

4. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Your Scramble energies might fill that role. Playtest and check their balance vs. Boost. If I'm playing your deck, I'm not going to be taking prizes initially with Dodrio. I'm going to set #1 up with Psy Shadow, use Scramble to let #2 take two shots while I add an energy to the cleaner. Boost might only be needed when you need to pick something off the bench, or get the final 30HP late game.

5. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

I test it and see how it goes. Besides the trainers, is there anything that should be fixed with the trainers or Pokemon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.