Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

This stream is awful

Politoed666

Props for trying, but let TTC do it next time.

The chat is absolutely ridiculous, I get banned literally every time I say something, either because the idiot mods deem it offensive or because I'm sending messages "too quickly." I sent like two messages within like twenty seconds of each other, and got blocked for two minutes. Okay.

The commentators also don't really know what they're talking about, although they're pretty good at acting. NGL, Worlds finals is not the place to explain the game to people... Effectively everyone there who doesn't already know how to play is a troll, at least based on the chat. Speaking of which, the chat is also full of stupidity. That, in combination with the absurd rules, make it impossible to discuss the game in any form.

0/10 would not watch again.

They should just hire TTC to do the commentary. This hilarious attempt at commentating made the Finals match sound more like a comedy...

"They're using dice instead of coins because you don't want coins flying off the table and hitting someone's face"
"He's playing Trash Claw to get back and item from the discard"

And a few more hilarious quotes which I can't remember fully :/

They said Trash Claw about 20 times during that match. It was painful to listen to.

Just a ton of mistakes that people with experience covering the Pokemon TCG would not make.

To be fair, I don't think the TTC guys would be particularly great at covering the VGC. The knowledge just isn't there. Is there a group out there that currently covers VGC tactics well in that type of setting?

Just a ton of mistakes that people with experience covering the Pokemon TCG would not make.

To be fair, I don't think the TTC guys would be particularly great at covering the VGC. The knowledge just isn't there. Is there a group out there that currently covers VGC tactics well in that type of setting?

Their is Nugget Bridge for VGC.

Props for trying, but let TTC do it next time.

The chat is absolutely ridiculous, I get banned literally every time I say something, either because the idiot mods deem it offensive or because I'm sending messages "too quickly." I sent like two messages within like twenty seconds of each other, and got blocked for two minutes. Okay.

The commentators also don't really know what they're talking about, although they're pretty good at acting. NGL, Worlds finals is not the place to explain the game to people... Effectively everyone there who doesn't already know how to play is a troll, at least based on the chat. Speaking of which, the chat is also full of stupidity. That, in combination with the absurd rules, make it impossible to discuss the game in any form.

0/10 would not watch again.

I would agree.

It was just awful. Not to mention they had a script in front of them and they thought it was relevant to showcase what was in the players goodie bag.

Not to mention half the remarks were made from someone who has NO clue about the game

Can't believe they have the nerve to put up a couple commentators who know nothing about the game in the booth to announce a World Championship Final. This company never seizes to fail. On the bright side, the match was fine when I muted it.

At least the stream for the TCG Finals was solid and didn't cut, the VGC one was horrible and pretty much unwatchable.

I understand the needing to explain the game. They were streaming for top 8 on in the VGV(apparently) and stuck the masters final of the tcg in for fun. So a good portion were VGC players who all of a sudden are watching a card game but the TPCi employee was there to correct the other guy when he said trash claw. Next year either get commentators who know about the Tcg, replace the TPCi guy with a former world champion(klaczynski), or shut these VGC morons up for an hour and well watch in silence.

Is there a group out there that currently covers VGC tactics well in that type of setting?

Anyone there from nuggetbridge.com (basically TTC/Sixprizes for VGC) could have done a better job than those commentators. They would've been willing, too, as I think there was a plan to see if we could get some prominent VGCers on the cast, but obviously they couldn't.

I understand the needing to explain the game. They were streaming for top 8 on in the VGV(apparently) and stuck the masters final of the tcg in for fun. So a good portion were VGC players who all of a sudden are watching a card game but the TPCi employee was there to correct the other guy when he said trash claw. Next year either get commentators who know about the Tcg, replace the TPCi guy with a former world champion(klaczynski), or shut these VGC morons up for an hour and well watch in silence.

For the record, their knowledge regarding VGC wasn't so good either. They weren't VGC guys treating the TCG as a side show. They were just people hired to do commentary that weren't really experts on VGC or TCG. It would be really nice if next time they could get people more qualified for both TCG and VGC commentary.

Get Nugget Bridge on VGC
Get TTC on TCG
Simple.
The TCG was alllright. Commentary was lacking a lot, but at least that one guy kinda knew what was going on and stuff like that.
The VGC was 100% unbearable. They literally had n clue what was going on.
They're not even asking to be paid, Pokémon! Just let some experienced players of the game commentate give us a great experience!

For the VGC one, I couldn't decide if it was miserable because he said really stupid things or funny because he said stupid things, but either way I wonder how much he got paid for doing that. If I were him I would want a lot of money.

Is there a link to the video? I watched it live so i missed out on some funny commentary.

twitch.tv/gamespot/b/328402412 T8, T4 VGC and TCG finals
twitch.tv/gamespot/b/328434150 VGC Finals

i dont play the video game competetively, but these commentators were terrible. (example: they had no idea about some attacks and "is it a Terrakion?", no it was a heatran and you could read "Heatran"...) You have to read the twitch.tv chat because you probably miss some facepalm moments without that

Also the TCG commentators were bad but better than the VGC commentators. Arthur H (iirc his name) was used for TCG and VGC and this guy had no idea (iirc someone said he was/is a professor) but the other guy was okay. Unfortunately he was too shy/nervous in my opinion and for me it seems that he doesnt listen to arthur the whole time (ex: arthur talked about smeargle and he said, you may use his poke-power. the other guy agreed but then later corrected him).

Also the yugioh finals were streamed for the first time afaik and the commentators seemed to have more knowledge of the game and cards. In terms of stream quality YGO won and the pokemon stream wasnt a good promotion in my opinion.

For the next year i hopeTPCI get people who know about TCG and/or VGC or if they want to keep the commentators, the commentators needs to be better preparded (like basics of the game, strategies, etc etc)

I was watching it with a couple friends who don't play the game and it was funny because I would commentate for them and the announcers would (almost) never match up with what I was saying...or it would come out 5 minutes later.

Back