Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tips for my new deck cards?

Postdog2Gengar

I'm making a new water deck, and I plan to use the following 3 cards:

Aquapolis Octillery
Misty's Poliwrath
Dark Blastoise

Please, give any trainers, Pokemon, and anything else that combos well with these Pokes.

Sure, it's workable. I've had a great Unlimited that ran Dark Vileplume, Koga's Beedrill, and Dark Muk. Not really sure I can advise any specific trainers except for Rare Candy. Otherwise I'd just go for typical card drawing and such.

Not sure he's trying to get all of them in the same deck. Here's my suggestions, none-the-less: (hope you didn't want to keep it all water)

For Dark Blastoise, Furret's always a great choice to get those darkness energies on him quick. Also, if you can, get a metal energy or two on him. Back in the old days (last year), I had a great Dark Blastoise deck that used both metal and darkness. With a couple of metals on him, his was almost unhittable. I also like Dark Vaporeon with Dark Blastoise.

As for Octillery, anything that can poison is good to go with him, thanks to his suction cups. Cradily from Sandstorm would probably make a good comb with his own suction cups and lure poison. I've also played Base Gyarados with him to cause your opponent to have to flip every time to do a damaging attack.

Although Dark Blastoise can still make use of Dark Energy, it can't (ab)use Metal Energy anymore, because of the new wording. Other than that, duanojo has some great combos there.

Ok, I should have said this, I didn't mean to use all of them in the same deck. Octillery for sure, just as a backup line, and then just pick one of the Stage 2s. The only reason Octillery is there is for comboes. Thanks for the help so far.

Here's another thing. Use Rocket's Hideout to raise the HP to a normal Blastoise level. Then, use a Light Vaporeon to keep the Pokemon from being KO'd and switch when Blastoise is at full power.

First of all, I am already playing Rocket's Hideout (and yes, it is awesome with Dark Blastoise :D ), but it does not raise the HP to the level of a regular Blastoise. Blastoise has 100, and Dark Blastoise has 70. Rocket's Hideout only give it +20, thus making it 90. But that's dang close ;) .

Last edited:
Back