TMP Tournament in Southern NJ

Scyther_trainer

We are having a TMP Tournament :clap:

Where: The Wizards of the Coast Store in the Moorestown Mall, Moorestown, NJ
Date: Saturday, October 25, 2003
Time: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Format: E-on Modified Swiss

Choose your own partner.

If you don't have a partner, we will try to pair you.

Please post with any questions you might have.

I hope to see you all there :cool:

Last edited:
I would follow the same rules that applied in previous formats. Since there have been no new trainer types added since Expedition, this shouldn't be a problem.

more specifically, you can play trainer cards and have their effects applied to your partner instead of yourself.

i.e. if you play a Copycat, you choose who gets to shuffle and draw and also which of your opponents to copy. Since Copycat is a supporter, you would not be allowed to play any more supporters for the rest of your turn.

and (unless someone else corrects me on this) you cannot attach Pokemon Tools to your Partner's Pokemon.

Last edited:
If a card says its attack affect both actives, will it affect each of your opponents' actives?
I'd say yes, but this is a new wording on cards since TMP lost its official status.

I have a counter question.

Will TMP ever attain official status?

If your doing TMP and 2-vs-2 (which we have tried), we ruled that if an attack affects both actives, it only effects the actives of the opponent your targeting.

In this tournament, however, each player will only have 1 active.

Don't know if or when it will become official again.
If it were me, I'd rule that the attack affects both Actives.
Make it more interesting.
But, since its not official, its your call. Just make it clear ahead of time.

yo ken its joe, dang i wish i was there for that why in the bloody heck couldnt we have sanctioned that why i was there :lol: anyway yea i guess i know who your partner is :COUGH: mat :COUGH: anyway sounds like a blast and will you send me an email for gods sakes (lost your email address) im useally on aim between 9 or 10-untill about 4am so you could catch me then. Im going to give ya all a call on sunday to talk about all the latest happonings (i need the phone # so could you email me it?) thanks ken

Last edited:
Hello, My friends Scyther Trainer for got to tell you all that
To play in the trounment cost $5.00 to play. It's goes to tours the prizes. :pokeball: :fire: :D

I was curious what prizes will be awarded?

Also, what places will they be awarded to?

Finally, will everyone who participates win something?

- Tony W.

(Evan???),

Cards that we can use in other future tournaments would be verrrry good!

Giving everyone something (other than the top 3) would be GREAT!!!

- Tony W.

"(Evan???),

Cards that we can use in other future tournaments would be verrrry good!

Giving everyone something (other than the top 3) would be GREAT!!!"

Quoted by Dark Tyranitar

What I meant is that all of the promos we get are wizards promos that most of us have piles of, and are the same ones that are given as prizes at all of the tournaments. ;)

And none of them are allowed in the modified format...

(and that is me)

Last edited:
DarkTyranitar: Everyone should get something at this tournament.

GOROY: It will involve the new promos. They might throw in some sandstorm boosters, but that will be up to the manager.

PokePop: That would be great if you could come! (I didn't know you lived in the area!)

See you there!

Yeah ....I guest I'll be jugding the trounment again...Unless they will be pearing me with a partner
When I get there tomorrow. :mad: :fire:

Back