Top Cards to play .....

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by CHARIZARD MASTERTRAINER, Jan 14, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Hello everyone...

I wanna know the latest cards/pokemon that are good to play for the upcoming tourney...I happen to wonder if Cacturne, or Grumpig are good but I'm not sure. I also believe that alot of people are into Gardevoir and Delcatty right now. Any other pokemon that are nice and safe to play??

Thanks

2. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

Blaziken is good
    Ampharos Ex is good
    Gardevoir is good
    Cradily is good
    Aggron Ex is good
    Cacturne is decent
    Delcatty is more of a support pokemon, but it is very good
    Wailord ain't bad
    Rayquaza ex is good
    Kingdra Ex is good
    Wobbuffet from SS is good...

3. P_A

P_A Active Member

Dunsparce/Delcatty/Oracle/Rare candy should be in all decks as far as I'm concerned. After that, it's whatever suits your fancy. Just about any good pokemon will do, perhaps Blaziken a little more so than others.

4. What does Dunsparce do actually?? What set is it in??

5. P_A

P_A Active Member

Searches for up to 3 basics, then you can switch out, second attack 10 damage and paralyse, I think. Not sure on the second one, hardly ever use it. It's in SS.

6. Dek

Dek New Member

My best suggestion, if you are going to use a Cradilly/Armaldo/Kabutops/Omastar deck, is using Azurill. Not only does it have the baby power, but it's can also allow you to search for any trainer in your deck.

7. What are Azurill's in-depth stat's, RC, and HP??

8. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Top Pokemon themes
    Blaziken/Rayquaza variants
    Gardevoir/Ex/Wobuffet
    Ampharos ex
    Wailord RS
    Aggron Ex/Furret
    Wobuffets go everywhere
    Flygon/Magneton
    Sceptile/Techs
    Kingdra/Ex
    Slaking
    Muk ex (maybe)
    Omastar (maybe)
    Supporting Pokemon
    Wynaut in Psychic
    Dunsparce in anything
    Delcatty usually just in Blaziken
    Trainers
    Oak's Research
    Birch
    TV Reporter
    Juggler
    Copycat
    Prof. Elm's Training Method
    Lanette's Net Search
    Oracle
    Potion/Oran Berry
    Desert Shaman
    Switch
    Warp Point
    Pokenav
    Master Ball
    Rare Candy
    Thats just what I can think of but those are certainly most of the most played cards in modified.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  9. GOROY

GOROY New Member

I think Shedinja/Ninjask and Solrock are pretty good supports.

10. Thanks everyone....

That's alot of nice info that I will need for build a deck....does anyone know the deck purposes or strategies that one can use for the cards on the list. I am kinda unfamiliar with some of them.

11. P_A

P_A Active Member

Perhaps if you got some scans of those cards, you might be able to see why they go good together. I would imagine you can find many websites with scans, like pokemonzeo, pokeschool, pa (Nick's site), pokebeach, pojo etc. If you can't figure out specific combos or why they work, you might be able to find articles that will help. If not, just ask here. Someone's bound to have a deck like those listed here.

12. Thanks....good idea...

13. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Why is Pokenav in here. I don't know a single person who plays pokenav. If you want energies, put it more, not pokenav. If you want basics, put in Wynaut, Dunsparce, Fan Club, Net Search, Dual Ball. If you want evolutions, PETM, Fast Ball and Wynaut find you what you need. Please don't play Pokenav! I'm begging!

14. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

This might be fun...

Pokemon
    Aggron/EX
    Wailord/EX
    Blaziken holo and non holo
    Delcatty RS
    Linoone RS
    Wynaut SS
    Wobbuffet >_< SS
    Amphy EX
    Shedinja DR
    Solrock SS
    Holo Salamence
    Victreebell
    Rayquaza EX
    Raichu EX - he will destroy you
    Gardy/EX
    Omastar SS
    Muk EX
    Slaking RS
    Furret AQ
    Kingdra EX
    Flygon Holo
    Magneton Dragons
    Scpetile both, but more of Energy trans non holo RS
    I get a lot of Sharpedo in my area RS
    Scizor AQ
    Mewtwo EX
    Mew EX - this means expedition
    Blastoise EX - this means expedition
    Harvest Bounty Venusaur
    Major Tsunami Feraligatr EX
    Beedrill SKY
    Gyrados SKY
    Crobat SKY
    etc.

Trainers: Search and Draw
    Oracle
    PETM
    Oak's Research
    Birch
    Copycat
    Fast Ball
    Fan Club
    Net search
    Juggler
    TV Reporter
    Yes, I'm sure there are more...

Trainers: Healing
    Briney's Compassion
    Nurse
    Moomoo
    Potion
    Buffer Piece
    Oran Berry
    Super Scoop Up

Trainers: Recovery
    Fisherman
    Town Volunteers

Trainers: Disruption
    ER 2
    SER 2
    Shaman

Just adding to Pidgeotto's list...

:unknown-u :unknown-o :unknown-o :unknown-p :unknown-e :unknown-r :thumb:

15. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

And to add to the list:
    Trainers: Stadiums
    high Pressure sytem
    Low Pressure System
    Mirage Stadium
    undersea ruins

Trainers: Board Control on your side of the field
    Switch
    Warp Point (could also be disruption)
    Strength Charm (this is teched into a lot of decks like Wobbuffet >_< do flip over on nonpowered up Blaze, then strength charm flip over for KO: trust me, this will be played soon, and also Slalmence players, play this card, it creams Delcatty: Dragon Wind plus strength charm equals KO equals prize)
    rare candy - maybe most played trainer ever. even in unlimited people play this.

That's all I can think of in one minute

16. Pidgeotto Trainer

Well I know good players who just love this card. You combo with Oracle so you can find energy, evolutions, and basics. At worst you get to trade it for a poke or an nrg and stack your next 2 cards. If it was just that it wouldn't be that good but Oracle is the combo. Often it would be better to play 3/3 Oracle, Pokenav then 3 PETM, 3 Net Search, and 3 extra energy. So I think it still is worth mentioning. Wooper's list picked up a lot fo the good ones I missed. Some are also to me too rogue for this list. Blastoise, Beedrill? But after x-many of decks the list is probably different for each person.

17. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Beedrill and Blastoise were at one time the biggest decks in my area. Blastoise (ask JohnnyBlaze about this) with metal nrg to get around gb and then discard it with the power, then dark energy for fifty with a strength charm for the KO. Tons of these things made it to high ranking tournaments. Beedrill was played for a while, but now remains another rogue deck, you're right about that one. Still, 100 for CC is pretty friggin awesome. There's a lot of luck involved, there, though. I can see your Pokenav thing but I'd rather use Oracle, Delcatty. It's more worth it. Pokenav is just another common that stays in my binder, but hey, that's just me. Do what works for you.

18. Pidgeotto Trainer

You do know your 2 examples no longer work. And there is no Gold Berry any longer. Blastoise could do enough damage to stop Cargo and the power could hurt Scizor but I doubt it has enough power to stop Blaziken and the other big damage decks in the format. Its underpowered for a stage 2.

19. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

I was kinda reminicising (spelling?) about the good old days when I won a coupla tournaments with Blastoise. You're probably right, though Pidgeotto.

20. You know I was thinking of some cards to construct around and those were Gardevoir and Delcatty. I was also thinking of another poke that had the same attack as those two but I don't know?? Who works well with these guys?? Anyone know of the pokemon I am talkin about??

See ya