Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Totally, Dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a brainstorm a few nights ago, and thought up of a totally colorless deck, that would trash alot of things... here it is

Pokemon (18)

2 Cleffa (Genesis)
2 Igglybuff (Genesis)
4 Jigglypuff (Jungle)
4 Wigglytuff (Jungle)
3 Doduo (Base)
3 Dodrio (Base)

Trainers (20)

4 Plus Power
4 Strength Charm
4 Energy Removal
2 Super Energy Removal
2 Erika's Kindness
2 Broken Ground Gym
2 Prof. Oak Research
2 Challenge

Energy (20)

4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Boost Energy
4 Potion Energy
4 Full Heal Energy
4 Recycle Energy

I have test played it, and it lost once, won twice. The only loss was because i only had Doduo, and it was against a Wailord :) so any input would be appreciated

Last edited:
Instead of Doduo, try using Clefable. Less strategy, more power, especially since Wiggly is alreay a superpower, let's try to add some more!!!

Let's work with your trainers somewhat. Basically, drop everything, and let's start from scratch. (22)
3 Oak (19)
2 Elm (17)
3 Copycat (14)
3 CPU Search (11)
3 Item Finder (8)
3 Gold Berry (5)
2 Focus Band (3)
3 (S)ER (0)
1 Town Volunteers (-1)
3 Switch (-4)
3 GOW (-7)

Energy:
Since we added in so many trainers, we'll have to take out some energy. Basically, I'd dump everything except for the Recycle and DCE (5). For the rest, just throw in some colored basic energy, doesn't matter what color, but I'd try and mix it up a little, like, use 1 of each color, to try and confuse your opponent.

I'm too lazy to actually type out the entire thing. GL, HF.

Good deck idea, and good fixes. For my two cents, consider using The Rocket's Training Gym instead of Broken Ground Gym. They do the same thing, except that The Rocket's Training Gym also affects Evolved Pokemon. Also, instead of Igglybuff, use Erika's Jigglypuff. I've never played it, but I know from other experience that it's an excellent hitter against a fresh Pokemon, especially with PlusPowers and/or Strength Charm. Another idea, working from either version, is Pokemon Fan Club. It makes excellent support for Wiggly.

dkates said:
Good deck idea, and good fixes. For my two cents, consider using The Rocket's Training Gym instead of Broken Ground Gym. They do the same thing, except that The Rocket's Training Gym also affects Evolved Pokemon. Also, instead of Igglybuff, use Erika's Jigglypuff. I've never played it, but I know from other experience that it's an excellent hitter against a fresh Pokemon, especially with PlusPowers and/or Strength Charm. Another idea, working from either version, is Pokemon Fan Club. It makes excellent support for Wiggly.

That would work, but Erika's Jigglypuff would only be good for Erika's Wigglytuff :)

ive taken out the Dodrio, and stuck in Clefables, ill see how it comes up, and if it works, ill run with it, heres the revised Line:

Pokemon (20)

2 Cleffa
4 Clefairy
4 Clefable

2 Igglybuff
4 Jigglypuff
4 Wigglytuff

Trainers: (22)

2 Prof Oak Research
4 Plus Power (To totally kill with do the wave)
4 Strength charm (To totally overkill with plus powers)
2 Rockets training gym (To prevent easy retreating)
4 ER's (For special energies)
2 Super ER's (To further the special energy removal :) )
2 Challenge (To either fill my bench, or get some cards, to fill my bench)
2 Erika's Kindness, (Im thinking of changing this to Super Potion)

Energy (18) Now this is the COLORLESS Deck, :) therefore i use all special colorless energies. Hence the title,

4 D.C.E (To speed up the deck)
4 Boost Energy (To use Do the Wave earlier)
4 Potion Energy (To heal)
4 Full Heal Energy (For status')
2 Recycle Energy (To be used for either the potions or the removals)

I like the changes to the deck, but i wanted to stick to my original Idea of just two lines, and one energy, and still having all the benefits of the colorless energies, Any suggestions for the trainers? I dont use Berries because of the strength charms.

Instead of Erika's Kindness/Super Potion, use Gold Berry. Also, the point of Erika's Jigglypuff has nothing to do with Wigglytuff or Erika's Wigglytuff -- the point is to do 40+ first turn with Erika's Jigglypuff, DCE and PlusPower. As far as the new deck goes, your card ratios are off, and I have some substitutions to suggest.
Potion and Full Heal Energy are not that useful. Drop them, and use 6 of those slots for Recycle and Warp Energies. (2)
On Pokemon, bring the Evolution lines down to 3-3 and put in two Erika's Jigglypuff. (4)
Now, on to Trainers. I'm going to be making a lot of changes, so let's start from scratch. (26)

Try these Trainers:
4 PlusPower (22)
3 Computer Search (19)
3 Item Finder (16)
3 Professor Oak (13)
2 Pokemon Fan Club (11)
1 Town Volunteers (10)
3 Energy Removal (7)
2 Super Energy Removal (5)
3 Gold Berry (2)
2 The Rocket's Training Gym (0)

Here's the resulting decklist:
Pokemon (18):
2 Cleffa (Genesis)
3 Clefairy (Base)
3 Clefable (Jungle)
2 Igglybuff
3 Jigglypuff (Jungle)
3 Wigglytuff (Jungle)
2 Erika's Jigglypuff

Trainers (26):
4 PlusPower
3 Computer Search
3 Item Finder
3 Professor Oak
2 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Town Volunteers
3 Energy Removal
2 Super Energy Removal
3 Gold Berry
2 The Rocket's Training Gym

Energy (16):
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Warp Energy
4 Boost Energy
4 Recycle Energy

Last edited:
The colored energy were a suggestion because, IMO, Boost, Potion, and FHE are all worthless cards. Also, if you run many different types of colored energy, your opponent might become confused and make a stupid mistake. GL, HF

On Potion and FHE, I agree, but Boost can be quite useful, used correctly. And Jungle Wigglytuff is one of those Pokemon that can use it correctly.

I just don't think that boost is that useful except in the Lt Draggy case. You have to discard it at the end of the turn, and that, to me, is a wasted energy. You can get much better perminant energy out.

May I suggest the usage of Sprout Tower? Since this is gonna be a Colorless Pokemon deck, I suggest adding 3 Sprout Tower to the deck.

From the Oracle:

Sprout Tower
Trainer card
Stadium Card
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play.
All damage done by {C} Pokémon's attacks is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

See?

Well, i switched out my Igglies for Ho-Oh, with crystal body, and substituted all the energy for Fire, Water and Electric. I Also decided to boot the broken ground, and put in Mystery Zone gym :D so much for your sprout towers now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back