Touched By Music

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by PSYCO829, Oct 18, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

Have you ever been listening to a song, and realized that it meant something to you?
    Like you were just recovering from a breakup, and you heard a song that perfectly described ur sadness?
    or been very happy and heard a song that described your unbridaled joy?

On one side, as i was driving away from school after my final day as a senior, i heard the song \"time of my life\" on the radio, which is exactly what i was having

On the other side, i first heard the song \"gone away by the offspring almost immeadiatly after i had heard my girlfriend had killed herself

Sometimes music seems to just strike a particular feeling in people that they were already feeling, have you ever had this happen to you?
    If so, feel free to talk about it here

2. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" when I had to put down my dog, Shadow. I actually tried to record my own version of the song, running at about 3/4 tempo, piano accompaniment only, minor changes to lyrics, mournful vocals. Failed miserably, but I still hear that particular version of the song in my head whenever I think of her...

3. jkwarrior

jkwarrior New Member

At church camp a few years ago, I read Isiah 1:18

"Come now, let us reason together,"
    says the LORD.
    "Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
    though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.

It was the first time I had seen the passage and it really hit me. I was in a bad place in my life. That night we sang a song for the first time. The chorus went,"Sin had left a crimson stain. He washed it white as snow".

4. moza

moza New Member

I'm trying to find comfort in music, but korn isn't helping =[

5. Flaming_Spinach

Flaming_Spinach Feature Editor

Enya should do it.

6. rhodesia123

rhodesia123 New Member

pokemon's "2 B A Masta" brings a tear to my eye

7. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

yes.

the most recent i can think of right now was when we went to see tower of power ( http://www.towerofpower.com/2007/ ) at humphrey's last year. if you ever get the chance to see them, DO IT; their horn section is so tight it hurts :)

i got a bit of a reality slap upside the head though during the show, with the first half/two-thirds of the lyrics to a song I've heard uncounted times before...after all, it's around 30 years old by now :p--"time will tell".

*sigh* had to fight back the tears during most of this one; it was one of those 'damn, he's singing to ME' moments. talk about finding the dharma everywhere, once one has eyes to see/ears to hear...

Time Will Tell

It’s a rare occasion
    When your plans and expectations
    Come down just exactly how you planned them
    Hey life’s just that way
    You better face the facts sweet lady
    Things change from day to day
    It all depends upon the situation
    Who can say, anyway?

Time will tell
    And we’ll both know so very well
    Time will tell

So just be patient
    Until you reach the realization
    You can’t have joy without a little sadness too
    That’s just the way it is

And girl I believe we’re gonna make it
    But not without our share of ups and downs
    You can’t expect life to be a total paradise
    But if we just stay together girl that would be so nice

Time will tell
    And we’ll both know so very well
    Time will tell

'mom

8. Poliwag92

Poliwag92 New Member

All of your kids have touched me and I hope I've touched them the same way- Ned Scheebly.

9. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

I was listening to the song decadence, and it struck me that the chorus really reflects my views on my own self...
    the chorus is in my sig, in case you were wondering...