Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tournament question

Status
Not open for further replies.

taberlong

I am just starting back into the TCG so this is probably a silly question but can't find any info on it, but what all should you bring to a tournament? I am going to a practice tournament this coming weekend and want to make sure I have everything I need when I go, any help is greatly appreciated :) and sorry if this is in the wrong section I had no idea where this should have went so I put it here.

Here's a list of what I try to bring to tournaments:

- A pre-filled out decklist.
- A snack to tide me over if there is no lunch break. I'd actually strongly recommend this anyways; you'll probably get hungry at some point, even if there is a lunch break.
- My deck (this is probably one of those "Well, duh" things, but just don't forget it :D )
- My trade binder
- Damage counters/dice/coins (forgot to list this initially :p )
- My POPID card (I never can remember that number, and it's possible you'll need it if you don't bring a decklist)
- A little bit of money. Maybe for a snack, or maybe to buy a cool deckbox/dice/ect if the tournament is at a game shop. It's always good to support your local shop.

That's pretty much it. My main advice is don't really sweat the details too much; just go, play, and have fun.

Last edited:
Here's a list of what I try to bring to tournaments:

- A pre-filled out decklist.
- A snack to tide me over if there is no lunch break. I'd actually strongly recommend this anyways; you'll probably get hungry at some point, even if there is a lunch break.
- My deck (this is probably one of those "Well, duh" things, but just don't forget it :D )
- My trade binder
- My POPID card (I never can remember that number, and it's possible you'll need it if you don't bring a decklist)
- A little bit of money. Maybe for a snack, or maybe to buy a cool deckbox/dice/ect if the tournament is at a game shop. It's always good to support your local shop.

That's pretty much it. My main advice is don't really sweat the details too much; just go, play, and have fun.

Thanks for the info since it will be my first tournament I will get my POPID there so will just have to remember it for future ones :p what about dice/coins/damage counters or are those provided at location?

Yeah, bring those too. I forgot to list that :p Definitely have your own dice/coin/damage counters. Probably burn and poison markers, too.

What you NEED:
-Deck
-Damage counters
-POP ID

What will ASSIST you:
-Prepared decklist
-Pen and paper (write down prizes with Azelf/make notes)
-a watch (NOT a stopwatch, just a normal one to note when the match starts w/ relative time)
-trades
-money/snacks

What will INSURE you:
-Blank decklists for last minute change
-Extra sleeves in case a few don't pass/get damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back