Tourney Winners & Mad Props to St. Louis Help! - Hail to the 7 year old!!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by meganium45, Nov 17, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Alright! I have run one (St. Louis) and played in another (Kansas City) this weekend.

Not to break down by age divisions, but each tourney I went to had only one player go undefeated all day.

First, Props to Mike C. from St. Louis - one of the nicest and most skilled players I have ever met. He was 6-1 in modified sanctioned before this one, and now is 6-0 in Sealed play for - not bad, a 12-1 record for sanctioned play for nintendo. Mike is 14 (I think) and is a force in our gym. A great force.

Second, Mad Props to Andrew K from St. Louis in the Kansas City Event!!! This was a great tourney, and a blast to go to! Only proud to say my son, who will not be able to play at either of my events went 5-0 and swept the table at age 7!!! Yes age 7!!! The other GREAT thing is that the person he played in the finals was a 10 and under player too!!!!

This is a proud father talking, but this is the same Andrew K who won the first SBZ in Collinsville, IL in the 14 and under division at Age 6!!!!

Sorry, had to send out some mad props to my gymmates and son for games well played and a job well done!

SUPER THANKS go out to all those who made my Saturday Tourney a HUGE success at the Gathering Ground.

Scott, we wouldn't have gotten the computer up without you! Chad, you kept the game moving and kept everything even keel. I know you missed San Diego, but you Rocked St. Louis yet again! Aron, thanks for keeping us going and jumping in with both feet! The extra help really saved the day. Last, but not least, thanks to Mrs. Tanney (sorry does that make you feel old?) for really pitching in and keeping the rounds pairings moving!! You all made the day go so smoothly, it was worth well more than the cards you received for helping!!!

Just have to send out the official GREAT JOB to all who helped me with the event.

Oh, wait, there's also Colin who saved the day by making the T-shirt prizes, then proceeding to win one when he won the 15+ division, only days after turning 15! THANKS MAN!!!

2. paso_1

paso_1 New Member

Vince ,
    Props to you an your help from Everyone at the Queen City Gym for a great time!!

They are looking forward already to the next one!! Oh by the way Arron said he is ready to go to Menphis!! if only he could get off work!!

Thanks

Ray

3. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

I know how excited you are Mega45. Congrats and it sounds like you did a great job.