Toxicroak LV X

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by pokemonfreak, May 28, 2008.

1. pokemonfreak

pokemonfreak New Member

:ppowr: Auto Poison
    when you play Toxicroak from your hand to evolve your active Toxicroak, the defending pokemon is now poisioned. Put 10 damage times the nuber of croagunk you have in play to the defending pokemon between turns.

Double posioning (NO ENERGY) The defending pokemon is now poisned, if the pokemon is knocked out by poisoning, take 2 prize cards.

Poison Jab. 50 :psychic::psychic:
    the defending pokemon is now Poisoned, flip a coin, if heads put 2 damage counters on the defending pokemon between turns.

Weakness: :psychic:
    Resistance: N/A
    HP: 110

2. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

All of the attacks do poisoning effects...

Not a very good combo.

3. charchar

charchar New Member

double posiging is pretty way to broken. u use like 4 weezing and its like turn3 KO

4. poketo

poketo New Member

Hmmm.... To broken and it isnt very great idea but it will make a new pokemon that is used for once

5. Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks New Member

It Isn't broken, It's just like Cresselia LvX, Think about It.

6. charchar

charchar New Member

much better though

7. Absoltrainer

Absoltrainer Active Member

Hmm, a not really broken, but too complicated and worded wrong as per Pokemon card grammer. Lv. Xs do not evolve from the pokemon before it. I would also make it a Poke -Body. Here is how I would re-word it:

:pbody: Toxic Presence
    If Toxicroak is your active Pokemon, and the defending Pokemon is knocked out between turns, you may draw 2 prizes instead of 1.

First of all, specify that it is "energyless before the name. It looks better. Next, you mispelled "Poison" (remember to capitalize it). Since I took the effect of this attack and put it in the Poke-Body, let's take the old Poke- Power, and put it into the attack.

(0) Double Posion
    The defending Pokemon is now Poision. Put 2 Damage Counters instead of 1 on the defending Pokemon, between turns.

Ok, you do not need more then one attack that poisons the defending Pokemon, so lose that line. If you want to keep with the "Posion" theme, then I suggest a COMPLETE revamp of the card.

[P][P][C] Posion Jab 50
    If the defending Pokemon is Posioned, this attack's base damage is 100, and the defending Pokemon is now confused.

Ok a few things here.
    First, HP should be at the top along with type, and name.
    You do not have a retreat cost listed, or the Lv. X rule.
    Current Weaknesss is good, but it needs to say "X2" after it to signify "times 2"
    Instead of N/A, just put "none"

Weakness: [P]x2
    Ressistance: none
    Retreat: [C][C]

Remember that as a Lv X, it is suppose to have something that makes it worth used (in this case, the Poke Body) or the attack too.

This is how the final one would look like:

Toxicroak Lv. X
    [P]
    HP: 110

Put on to Toxicroak

:pbody: : Toxic Presence
    If Toxicroak is your active Pokemon, and the defending Pokemon is knocked out between turns, you may draw 2 prizes instead of 1.

(0) Double Posion
    The defending Pokemon is now Poision. Put 2 Damage Counters instead of 1 on the defending Pokemon, between turns.

[P][P][C] Posion Jab 50
    If the defending Pokemon is Posioned, this attack's base damage is 100, and the defending Pokemon is now confused.

Weakness: [P]x2
    Ressistance: none
    Retreat: [C][C]

[Lv. X rule]

8. charchar

charchar New Member

i wasnt saying the power was broken

9. Absoltrainer

I never said you did, I was just analyzing the card myself. It had nothing to do with your post.

10. pokemonfreak

pokemonfreak New Member

just an idea to make the card toxicroak good

11. Absoltrainer

And the idea is in general, not bad. As I pointed out though, the wording format was bad, and to have 3 poisioning effects on 1 card seems uneeded. I was not telling you how to make the card, just making suggestions on how to improve it. You also need to take into account what, the current croagunk does, when making its lv X

12. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Absoltrainer's card looks excellent.

13. charchar

charchar New Member

i agree, great use of creativity though poisen jab is pretty good.

14. Absoltrainer

Exactly. Remember Pokemon Lv.X being "technically" a new stage (in this case a stage 2) means that they needs abilities and attacks worthy of that stage. Also the Lv.X factor on it's own comes in to play. However also notice that I balacned it out, and if you are not posioned, I can only do 50. So unless, I play crobat on the same turn, I cannot poision AND do 100 on the same turn, so it balances out a bit.

15. charchar

charchar New Member

i gues but a lot of other things can add damage to poisen or start poisen on bench.

16. meditite rox

meditite rox New Member

The multiple poisonings, each with some special effect, really contradicts itself.
    IT POISONS YOU!
    IT POISONS YOU AGAIN!
    IT POISONS YOU AGAIN!