Trading tips?

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by UncleBob, Feb 25, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

I'm not sure if this really belongs here or not, but the Trading Post seemed to be the place for it...

If I'm dragging a bunch of cards along to trade what's the best way to do it? Should I have them in a binder, or in cases? I currently have them in cases, but when I've been to places before where people look though them, I wasn't comfortable with trying to watch my cards *and* look at their cards at the same time... If you're looking through someone's cards, which do you perfer?

What order do you like to look through people's cards? Alphabetical by Pokémon? Seaperated by sets? Seaperated by holo/reverse foil? Ordered by card number? Type? Hit Points? What?!?!?!?!

Also, if I go with a binder for the more rare cards, should I include the regular "rare" cards in the binder, or not really?

What is everyone's opinions on things like this? Does anyone really care?

2. put all your cards in a binder if you can.

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Binder.
    By set & number is probably best.

4. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Cards in binder is the best. I use to have the holos in hard cases in a case designed for carrying hard cases. Not the best way for someone to look through them. Binders are much more carryable and maintainable.

When trading in person, it depends upon the environment. If you have someone with you, they can watch the other person look through your cards as you look through the other person's cards. If you are by yourself, sit across from the other person or next to the other person. That way you can look through their cards and you can look through theirs. Course "looking through" only applies if there is nothing specific you are looking for. Most people have a list of what they want. Just compare the list to the cards in your binder and you know what you have that they want. If you have a list, give them your list and they'll let you know what they have that you need. Close your binder and keep it near you when no one's looking through it. Keeping the cards by set and in order is very helpful. Keeping a list of what you have is also helpful, just show them the list if they are looking for something specific. Letting them look through the binder if they do not have a list or aren't looking for anything specific might make a trade possible ("Ohhh that's a neat card").

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.