Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TRAINER CARDS == RARE CANDY (EX:Sandstorm)

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
Q. Can I use Rare Candy to place a Stage 2 onto a Basic Pokemon?

A. You can use Rare Candy to evolve a Basic Pokemon into a Stage 1 or Stage 2. This essentially counts as your "Evolution" for that Pokemon that turn, although it's not restricted by the first turn the Pokemon is in play. The Stage 1 reference is because the card works on the turn the Basic is played (not 1st turn of the game though). (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy to evolve Pichu into Raichu EX?

A. No, Rare Candy states if you have a card that "Evolves From" your Pokemon. Pikachu does not say that it "Evolves From" Pichu, so Rare Candy will not work in this situation. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy on the first turn of a game (when Pokemon are not normally allowed to evolve)?

A. No. There is nothing in the card that allows it to break this rule. Nothing evolves on the first turn of the game! (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Q. Can I use Rare Candy on a Pokemon's first turn in play? For example, can I place down a Wurmple and then use Rare Candy on the same turn to evolve it into Dustox or Beautifly?

A. Rare Candy doesn't allow you the first turn of the game, but it does allow you to evolve a Pokemon the first turn it is in play. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Back