Trainers

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by QWERT392001, Apr 8, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

Whew!! I'm asking a lot of questions, so let me say thanks to everyone who takes the time to answer me. Besides Items finders, what cards or Pokemon Powers can bring back trainers from the discard pile.
    I know there are severa, but I am looking for what you might consider the best card, attack., or power to use.

2. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

modifed or unlimited?

3. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

Unlimited! :)

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Trash Exchange
    Old Rod
    Unown W {Want} power
    Porygon Data Sort attack

some of these are a bit flippy ;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Recycle

6. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Well, the best one that you could use in Unlimited is most likely Computer Search.

7. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

Read more closely, he said from the DISCARD PILE. Computer Search is good, but it isn't what the question asks. Then again, why get the trainer from the discard pile when you can just get another out of the deck?

8. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

If you want to have the opportunity to use a trainer card multiple times...look at you options
    from you deck you have only 4 opportunities to use any specific trainer
    from your discard pile you have almost unlimited use of trainers.. especially if you use Linnoones Sniff Out attack

NoPoke... love that Trash Exchange.. never knew it existed...opens up some interesting possibilities

9. nikePK

nikePK New Member

The Sandstorm Linoone I believe can grab a trainer out of the discard pile and put it in your hand for a colorless energy.

10. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

WHOOPS! My bad. Still, I'd go with the Computer Search. Also, if you're playing unlimited, you might go with Energy Retrieval or Super Energy Retrieval.

EDIT: WHOOPS! Misread it AGAIN! Like what has been said, the rods are a bit flippy, but some can be used well.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  11. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Slowpoke Scavenge attack: Discard 1 P Energy card attached to Slowpoke in order to use this attack. Put a Trainer card from your discard pile into your hand

Xatu Warp Hole attack. (30) Flip a coin. If heads, choose a card from your discard pile and put it on top of your deck

Aipom Pilfer:Shuffle Aipom and all cards attached to it into your deck. Flip a coin. If heads, shuffle a card from your discard pile into your deck