transing a multi energy.....?

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Mitsirugi, Nov 11, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitsirugi

Mitsirugi New Member

Are you able to trans a multi energy,isnt it the same as transing a rainbow I wouldnt think you would be able to but others thank you can,so to I turn to the masters for help,Chrisbo thanks for answering allot of my q's :D

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Well, you can Trans a Rainbow too.

The important thing is if the card is providing Grass Energy at the time the Trans is started. If it does, you can trans it. I'll post a Ditto ruling that covers "Transformed" Energy that starts out as Grass and reverts to another color after it leaves Ditto as an example.

Q. Since Ditto's Pokemon Power starts with the quote "If Ditto is your Active Pokemon..." does that mean that energy attached to Ditto is energy of any type only when Ditto is active? If this is the case, Venusaur could only trans energy from an ACTIVE Ditto and not a benched one, (unless the energy is grass, of course).
    A. Correct, that only works if Ditto is the Active Pokemon. (June 15, 2000 WotC Chat, Q46)

Q. Can a Ditto against a Venusaur use Energy Trans on any type of Energy?
    A. Not really. Since you can make Energy attached to Ditto be any type, you could use a copied Venusaur's Energy Trans to move THAT Energy to any Pokemon, but energy on OTHER Pokemon would still have to be Grass Energy to use this power. (Mar 2 WotC Chat)

Q. When a Ditto changes an energy, and Venusaur Energy Trans it to another Pokémon, will it change back to its original form, or stay as what Ditto made it?
    A. It will change back to its original form. (Mar 16 WotC Chat)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.