Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Travel Awards

untitled

I'm just wondering if any of the current/fall regional champions have gotten any information about travel to nats. I haven't gotten any info and time is running out for booking hotels/flights. I emailed P!P but they haven't responded yet, so I figured I'd ask here in the hope of getting a faster answer.

I dunno if it's still the same, but when I did them you basically go to Nats and pick it up there, they give you traveler's checks for the amount you won; this is assuming you didn't win the expenses paid one for like 1st (do they do that still?), otherwise I don't know how that process works. But yeah, you sent them an email, they should get back to you soon, I believe you should've gotten a phone number to contact someone there at PUI as well if you have questions.

Uh-oh... I was under the impression they'd book everything for me. (I did get first.) Is this incorrect?

I looked for a good hour but couldn't find a number to call anywhere. :/

Uh-oh... I was under the impression they'd book everything for me. (I did get first.) Is this incorrect?

I looked for a good hour but couldn't find a number to call anywhere. :/

Yeah, someone else will need to chime in as I haven't got first for any yet. At any rate, hopefully they'll be good about responding to your email quickly though, they probably wouldn't leave one of their winners hanging lol.

It kinda depends. Did you get the all-expenses-paid award? Or the $300 to Nats award?

Yeah, someone else will need to chime in as I haven't got first for any yet. At any rate, hopefully they'll be good about responding to your email quickly though, they probably wouldn't leave one of their winners hanging lol.
Thanks, I'm hoping they won't. :rolleyes:

It kinda depends. Did you get the all-expenses-paid award? Or the $300 to Nats award?
I got the all-expenses-paid award. I got one of them in '09 too and I don't remember having to book anything for that, which is why I assumed it would be the same now.

When I won in the fall, they gave me 4 pieces of paperwork to fill out and mail to their head offices in WA. Then I received an email with a unique code linking me to an online application where I filled out all the information, including preferred airport, whether I'm driving or not, who else is staying with me etc.

Then you will get an email from a travel agency and they will book everything for you.

Not sure if this site is helpful in what you're trying to figure out; I believe this is the online application K2theAblaM is referring to.

Okay, that's very helpful. However, I never got the email with the unique coding. Should I just file another support ticket, or is there a number I can call?

Edit- I don't remember being told to mail the paperwork in, or leaving with it. Perhaps since it was the Oregon Regionals and there were WA judges there, it would be easy for them to hand-deliver the papers to TPCI? I'll have to check on this though. I really doubt it, but perhaps I somehow ended up with the papers and just forgot about them. :/

Last edited:
Not sure if this site is helpful in what you're trying to figure out; I believe this is the online application K2theAblaM is referring to.

This is correct, you will need a special unique code to enter the application form and fill the information out. This will be emailed to you.

---------- Post added 04/19/2012 at 03:17 PM ----------

Okay, that's very helpful. However, I never got the email with the unique coding. Should I just file another support ticket, or is there a number I can call?

Edit- I don't remember being told to mail the paperwork in, or leaving with it. Perhaps since it was the Oregon Regionals and there were WA judges there, it would be easy for them to hand-deliver the papers to TPCI? I'll have to check on this though. I really doubt it, but perhaps I somehow ended up with the papers and just forgot about them. :/

After the event I got 3 forms including a W-2 form (for taxes), a Player checklist, and the winners application. You should have received the same thing, if not contact your PTO and see if they can help you.

I have direct contact to a Pokemon Coordinator in WA but I'm not sure if it's okay to give out their email or not.. :/

I have direct contact to a Pokemon Coordinator in WA but I'm not sure if it's okay to give out their email or not.. :/

If you are referring to me, it is okay to give out my email address. It is already posted on the 'gym in the Washington State Dark Explorers Prerelease thread. Alternatively, you could send me a PM or find one of my tournaments on pokemon.com and call the number listed.

David

there will dates and times posted at nats when you (or parent, if a minor) can pick up your travel award.

'mom

Back