Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tropical Mega Battle Play mat

This is an awesome playmat. I wish I would like to have one.... And I also have a damaged Ancient Mew playmat which is always my all-time favourite.... So yeah, I believe it values at $50, but dont know how much demand it would be for this item...

that is awesome Mike what material is it made out of?

I'll be glad to throw my hat into the mix of people interested in it.

BLiZz

Can I see a auction coming up?:lol: joking. I mostly wanted to get a estimate value on this one.

The mat is made of a rubber backing with a kind of vinyl top so it is very very easily to clean. If i had to compare it to something i would say it is like a pc mouse pad .

Here are some more pics of the thickness and backing of the mat.

thickness of mat

backing of mat

And of course the one flaw which is a small tear through the vinyl only not the rubber backing which could be easily repaired with some crazy glue.(I prefer not to):

small tear

At least it beat paper.... lol. now im so jealeous ;o;

my Ancient Mew playmat, which is paper and got some tears from wear :(
And now lamiated...Should've laminated it when I got it new...but to late.... ah well... Should have another one incoming but it never reached me and I couldnt contact this Californian trader....ugh.

Can I see a auction coming up?:lol: joking. I mostly wanted to get a estimate value on this one.

The mat is made of a rubber backing with a kind of vinyl top so it is very very easily to clean. If i had to compare it to something i would say it is like a pc mouse pad .

Here are some more pics of the thickness and backing of the mat.

thickness of mat

backing of mat

And of course the one flaw which is a small tear through the vinyl only not the rubber backing which could be easily repaired with some crazy glue.(I prefer not to):

small tear

nice sexy hands mike.
:( cause it has a tear :(

nice sexy hands mike.
:( cause it has a tear :(

Thanks, I can take more snap shots of them if you like? Differnt angles and light make a huge difference! XD j/k

So from above I would guess by people's replies this mat would be around $30 - $50 bucks huh, Not bad. To those that have asked for it I am sorry to say if I do decide to trade/sell it that it has already been promised to a certain trader sorry.:redface: Huge collector like myself and I personally don't collect the mats and I'm sure he will give it a good home.:thumb:

Where did it come from and how does one get it?

One can get one like I did! Pure luck , just pure luck. It was from a pokemon tournament which was played quite some time ago so I would guess the only way was to be one of those lucky players who attended.

Hmm.. *writes to Brian and hopes he has some*

Unfortunately I highly doubt he will have any unless he went here:

On August 26 - 27, 2000, forty-two Pokémon trainers from around the world united at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu for the Tropical Mega Battle, an international communication event for the Pokémon Trading Card Game. The Tropical Mega Battle brought together children aged 14 and under from the United States, Japan, France, Italy, Canada, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, for two days in Honolulu, Hawaii. Children participating in the Tropical Mega Battle received invitations through Qualifier tournaments, DCI rankings, and other events in their respective countries.
Events throughout the weekend included competitions facilitated by translators for groups of children representing two different languages in each group; a group photo and an opening ceremony featuring remarks from Hawaiian government officials; and a harbor cruise awards ceremony for the winners of the World Communication Match. Jason Klaczynski, 14-year-old Orland Park, Ill., resident, was honored as the Master Trainer of the Tropical Mega Battle after winning the final round of the World Communication Match against fellow Pokémon trainer Toshiya Tanabe of Sapporo, Japan.

googles it and found the info on it so 42 people that would mean approx 42 mats.:eek:

That's so wicked awesome and I am so jealous of you. I'm going to save a picture of it and try to redesign it in my free time.

Back