TRU Battle Day and Modified Constructed (Sanctioned) Tourney at Pastimes, 9/25!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by soslowpoke, Sep 12, 2004.

1. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

(Here's just a copy/paste from Adam's post)

Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen Trade and Battle Day!
    Saturday, September 25th
    9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Visit your local Toys 'R' Us for two hours of Pokémon fun!

First 50 attendees receive a FREE Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen character poster
    Demo the newest Pokémon TCG expansion, EX FireRed & LeafGreen, and receive a FREE promo card and TCG playmat (while supplies last)
    Bring your Game Boy Advance and your FireRed or LeafGreen video game and trade for one of your favorite Pokémon
    Trade and battle with other Pokémon fans!

Basically after this (12:30-1PM reg I'm gonna say) we'll have a modified constructed tournament. What is up to you to decide is if you want it E-on or R/S-on format.

If it's E-on it can be sanctioned, if it's R/S its not. (Think of it as teh last sanctioned E-on tournament)

I'm going to call on Tuesday to determine the final price and prize support. (My guess is $5 and then 2 boosters/person in the prize pool, plus promos, plus tournament packs, plus whatever else can be came up with). Of course if you want to play for more prizes we can boost up the price a bit.

This tournament WILL be sanctioned if we get at least 8 people (so let's hope we do)

Any other questions/concerns...reply here!

~Adam

2. PokeWisconsin

PokeWisconsin New Member

Is this the Toys 'R' us near Pastimes?

3. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

4. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

cool, me and my bro will be able to make the Tournament =)

5. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold New Member

I cant make it, I take the ACT's that day. Any chance of moving it to sunday or to october 2nd?

6. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

Aren't the ACT's done by 11:30? You could make it to the tournament :D

7. laritung

laritung New Member

My son and I will be there and we are ready to play R/S on but we can go either way- let us know
    What about the Crystal Lake tournament? How can we make it so there is not a conflict?

Larry and Troy

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  8. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I can't come, banned from Poke due to average grades (as opposed to straight As). You probably won't see much of me until the end of the school year...

9. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold New Member

I dont know, maine west has gotten really screwy since they added an extra period. There is a serious lack of information and all I know is I have to take it in two weeks. Ill see.

10. PokeWisconsin

PokeWisconsin New Member

Soslow are you going to play or are you just going to watch?

11. Dek

Dek New Member

He'll probably judge if anything...

But sure, I'll see what i can do and talk to my parents about it (if i had a car, these things would be so much earsier to handle)

12. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

I'm going to play if it will make it enough players to be sanctionable

13. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

I will most likely be hanging around the CL area because we have a pretty good number of kids (too young to travel or parents won't let them) localy who are playing so I want to keep them going.

14. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

Hey-will we be able to have those 2-card boosters as prizes?

15. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

Possibly, the ones I have are meant for league...I'll look into getting some others though

16. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold New Member

Might as well count this as league play, there hasnt been "league" play in monts.

17. laritung

laritung New Member

R/S on

My vote is for R/S on -so let' get used to playing without oracles OK? Has anyone decided on this?

18. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold New Member

Since this tournament is only a week or two away from the official change, I Think all tournaments and league from now on will be RS-on.

19. laritung

laritung New Member

OK MY son and I have our R/S on decks ready-Take out your Desert Shamans!

20. Dek

Dek New Member

Alright, I will be able to make it to this week's tournament. R/S-on, here we come XD