Turbo Slaking

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Spectreon, Dec 23, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Props to Penguin Master for the idea......

{21 Pokes}
    4 Zigzagoon (SS)
    2 Linoone (RuSa)
    2 Linoone (SS)
    3 Slakoth (RuSa)
    3 Vigoroth (not sure yet, maybe mix the 2...)
    3 Slaking
    2 Dunparce
    2 Wobbuffet

{25 Trainers}
    3 Briney's Compassion
    3 Proffessor Elms Trianing Method
    4 Desert Shaman
    3 Oaks Research
    2 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 Fisherman
    2 Memory Berries
    2 Strength Charms
    2 Energy Switch

{14 Energy}
    4 Boost:colorless :colorless :colorless
    10 :psychic:

Ok, now onto the theme of the deck. Get Slaking up, with a back up Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking on the bench. Turbo Slaking uses a Boost and a Psy, discarding both to hit for 100. It cant attack the next turn anyways, without Switch or Warp Pointing back. Linoones are 2 fold, and both are needed. RuSa is the go getter, getting whatever you need to set up and get going. SS Linoone is the go fetcher, allowing easy access to your Boost and other discarded cards. Briney helps with Healing, switching and powering a new Slaking frequently, and SS Linoone is a free retreater. Shamans are to screw up your opponent, reminecent of the Lass/Eek days. Desert Shaman Plus Seek Out just seems as cruel to the opponent. The rest of the deck helps to support the deck, Mem berry can be cruel on Slaking, with either Rage Vigo, or Slack Off Slakoth. Strength charm helps withthat little of extra damage needed from time to time.

This deck can go extremely quick outta the box, and hit big within 3 turns, and repeatedly every turn or 2. Whaddya think?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2003
  2. penguin_master

penguin_master New Member

This has the potential to SMASH the opponent IMO.

3. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Hmmm how about some power charge to get back the boost when linoone cannot get active? Or how about energy switch too. Hmm heres a good strategy. You have a psychic on a pokemon on the bench. Slaking active powered up with boost in hand. Attack, discard both. Next turn, energy switch a psychic from the pokemon in the back onto slaking active and lay the boost in your hand and attack again. I think that would work fine.

SO to recap, I think energy switch and powe charge would help move energy and retreieve it from the discard pile so you can search for it with linoone or draw it.

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Dont forget, without retreating, Slaking can attack every other turn. So you would have to Switch, Warp Point for another Slaking or Linoone then retreat for original Slaking. I still like the idea of Energy switch, but just want you to realize what all is needed for it to work.

Not sure on Power Charge, it will be hard to fit in the deck, and not screw it up to badly, but E Switch, lets see

-1 Briney
    -1 Shaman or Oak
    +2 Energy Switch

editing above deck.....

5. Ditto

Ditto Member

something else you might want to try to make things a bit faster and not rely so much on boost is roselia. change the psy to grass and the use roselia's first attack to put two grass on slacoth first turn. do it again next turn of vigoroth and then your set for 3rd turn slacking that's not relying on boost. by all means keep boost in there, but roselia might just make it a bit faster. haven't been able to test the deck yet (working on too many others and don't have all the roselia's yet) but seems to have some extra potental. eh, just a thought.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

While Roselia is a good idea, it changes the deck to drastically. It is like Vertical or Horizantal. neither is better, but they are completely opposite directions. Turbo Slaking point is to get turn 2 RuSa Linnone for set up, then rely on Slaking for power, and SS Linoone to retrive. If I waste my first few turns on Roselia, Ihave to vamp up the trainer line a little, and focus on getting Slaking out quickly that way. maybe if this deck doesnt work, I will try out Roselia, but for now, no....

7. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Maybe add in balloon berry so that you can attach them to Slaking and retreat anytime for free and not need a switch in your hand. But it does count as your one retreat per turn.

Aw yes I forgot about the one attack per two turns thing. Sorry bout that.

8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Snow Problem. Sorry, winter humor, and I live in Texas, like we even get snow. LOL.

No, the idea is to when needed/handy, Switch/Warp for a Free Retreat Linoone, then retreat and attack again. Or If possible, Briney and then bring a new Slaking up.

9. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

{20 Pokes}
    4 Zigzagoon (SS)
    2 Linoone (RuSa)
    2 Linoone (SS)
    3 Slakoth (RuSa)
    3 Vigoroth (Rage)
    3 Slaking
    3 Wobbuffet

{26 Trainers}
    3 Briney's Compassion
    3 Proffessor Elms Trianing Method
    3 Desert Shaman
    3 Oaks Research
    3 Switch
    2 Warp Point (You could also use Warp Energy...)
    1 Town Volunteers
    3 Memory Berries
    2 Strength Charms
    3 Energy Switch

{14 Energy}
    10 Psychic Energy
    4 Boost Energy

Not much of a change, but it should run a bit smoother.
    -Swampert

Last edited: Dec 23, 2003
  10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

But no Sparce???? OMG, what would I do without it?? lol. He is in practically every deck I run right now. Sad isnt it. But still, with 4 Ziggys and 2 Dunsparce, it makes it easier to get turn 2 Linoone running and seeking. Maybe I will try it that way, it is almost an identical deck, just relying on draw to get my basics out now.... though I think a Fisherman will still be handy, since Slaking has to discard a BASIC energy every attack, it makes them easier to re-obtain.

Also, Swampy, I dont think a 61 card deck is legal, lol 20+27+14=61. Though the actual deck you posted is 60 cards (there is really only 26 trainers in your version).

11. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Well this card once looked really promising but now its just eh. IMO the best card to combine Slaking with is AQ Espeon.

Slaking/Espeon
    Pokemon
    4 Slakoth
    3 Vigoroth(Rage)
    3 Slaking
    3 Wynaut
    2 Wobbuffet(SS)
    2 Eevee(SS)
    2 Espeon(AQ)
    Energy
    11 Psychic
    4 Warp
    2 Boost
    Trainers
    4 Oaks Research
    3 Brinneys Compassion
    3 Elms Training Method
    3 Shaman
    2 Switch
    2 Memory Berry
    2 Copycat
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 Power Charge

Thats a really rough list that i believe is +/- 3 cards. Basically your setting up with Wynaut while building your slakoth. Once you have Slaking/Espeon hit for 100 and discard your basic. Idealy 4 Basics would be on Slaking turn 4, next turn Warp energy and bring up espeon then bring Slaking back up and hit for another 100. Continue the Espeon Process and it should work.
    Good Luck
    TheAnswer3

12. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

I think ill side with AJ's decklist. I think its one of the best possible slaking lists around is the old espy/slaking combo. I dont think his draw engine is dead on but his poke line up is.

13. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Oh man, My league leader is pushing for us to 2-2 battle, and instantly made me think of this decl. Now I just leave Slaking active, and use either Linoone every other turn to rebuild.... Deck is still same as top post.... Thoughts/ideas??? Remember this is geared more for 2-2 now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.