Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Turtwig.dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

samurai_soldier

I revamped the deck from my last post after hours and hours of playtesting my metagame, and if I can get the cards, I'll be running this:

Name: Bench Protection.dec
Total: 60
Type(s): Grass/Metal

Pokemon: 19
4 Armor Fossil
4 Turtwig
3 Shieldon
3 Grotle
2 Bastiodon
2 Torterra
1 Torterra LV X

Trainer: 11
4 Pokedex
3 Warp Point
2 Windstorm
2 Switch

Supporter: 12
3 Bebe's Search
2 Bill's Maintenance
2 Fossil Excavator
2 TV Reporter
2 Copy Cat
1 Steven's Advice

Energy: 18
7 Grass
6 Metal
3 Special Metal
2 Rainbow Energy

Any advice guys? Battleroads is this weekend, and I'd love too have a finely tuned deck.

If was too revise this deck too run the Flygon D line, what might it look like? I have that line ready too go, and I'm wondering if its better than the Torterra line in this situation, thoughts?

It needs more acceleration. I would like to see Celebi or Exeggutor from Mysterious Treasures. they work really well with Torterra

Please add a strategy to the original post so I can help you better. That is one of the rules to this forum. I too don't see the synergy between Bastiodon and Torterra. A strategy would help me understan your path of logic better.

You need Rare Candy so bad, it isn't even funny! You play two stage two lines, so 4 RC is a must!

If I had 4 rare Candy, I would be using them, but alas, I do not. :( Also, first post will be updated with a line of reasoning for why I chose what I chose.

What kinds of decks are in your metagame? Bastiodon is not the solution to protecting your bench. The most popular decks right now that try to snipe the bench are Lucario varients and Empoleon variants. And guess why Bastiodon is bad for this cause.... because both of those decks play Cessation Crystal, shutting down Bastiodon's PokeBody rendering him useless in protection of benched pokemon. And by the time you get a Bastiodon built up, (since you don't have any Rare Candy and BeBe's despite that Celio's Network is much better for decks that don't play any pokemon ex) the speedy playing Cessation Crystal will have all ready setup and be ready to rip you apart, kind of messing your strategy up. I'd recommend something better than Bastiodon.

My Meta Game has none of the established decks, which is good for me, since I don't have access too everything I need (I'd be playing Celio's Network if I had them). What would be better than Bastiodon? I'm open too suggestions, since I'm so new too the modified format, and am working off of card evaluation skills from Magic. I took a look at Bastiodon, saw that he did what I needed too have, and I used him, if there is a better series of cards, I'd love too hear them, since you guys know more about this game than me.

^ I highly recomend that you try to get the cards for Empoleon Lucario, you won't be dissapointed. If you have trouble getting cards look on ebay for them.

The problem wiht tortara is it's slow, and isn't that great. If you realy want a good deck that's easy to use plz use my suggestion. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back