Twice the Pokemon Advanced starting this Saturday!

Discussion in 'Anime Realm' started by Orange Soda, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?threadid=94904

So, does "extra airing" mean a repeat of the same episode, or just two different (probably new) episodes?

2. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

I think it would have to be new, they have a bit of catching up to do on their Pokemon schedule so I think they'll run new ones just like Yu-gi-oh until the new Lineup comes in, the one with AstroBoy and MegaMan NT.

3. Skywolf1

Skywolf1 New Member

This is truly good news!! I will now have to go and purchase more video tapes to make sure I get all the new episodes.

Also, with it being a "sweeps" month for the network, this is a very positive sign, that this series continues to garner strong ratings.

All in all, good news indeed.

Skywolf1

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would would assume, during sweeps, it wil be 2 totally new episodes. They are only to episode 3 in ADV anyways, and WB does stuff like this all the time. They tend to bombard us with new episodes early, leave us watching reruns for months, and then once they are behind on that season, bombard us with the remaining episodes and play catch up.

Heres to hoping for 2 new episodes a day!!!

5. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

The extra episode is probably for the Brock special. They will probably be doing this for future weeks in which specials are involved, or they will just have 2 episodes for the rest of whenever.

6. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

I heard rumor that the episode where Brock meets up with his mother again won't aire. In fact word has it that many of the episode about what happens in Kanto while Ash is in Hoenn won't be aired, but might be put on video.

7. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

According to the "TV guide" on sbc, This is the info I got on the first and second episode

1st Ep:"You Never Can Taillow", Episode #616.
    Team Rocket turns a flock of Taillow against Ash and his companions.

2nd Ep:Ash, Brock and Misty battle to become great Pokemon trainers. Original Airdate: September 7, 1998.

It didnt give a title, but with the Air date and mention of Brock and Misty, it sounds like an oooolddd episode... I hope not, and that this is some kind of error. My digital cable doesnt give any info or title name either, well heres hoping to some sorta new episode. Not holding my breath on the Brock special though....

8. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

The second episode is probably an old one.

9. Shining Umbreon

Shining Umbreon New Member

I've seen that "Ash, Brock, and Misty" thing before. It's not an episode description. It's just a general series description they use when they don't have the exact episode info. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably a new episode. When they do 2 episodes, with one being new and one a repeat, they almost always do the repeat first, and since the first one is supposed to be new......you get the picture. If it is a repeat, I would think it would be a more recent repeat; in other words, not something from the first few seasons. I guess we'll find out tomorrow........

10. Skywolf1

Skywolf1 New Member

*UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE*

Hello Everyone:

I just phoned KidsWB, and I was told that BOTH episodes tomorrow are going to be BRAND NEW!!

The same goes for NEXT Saturday as well!!

Good Times! :)

Skywolf1

Last edited: Nov 21, 2003
  11. Water Pokemon Master

Okay, I just checked in on their site and the Brock episode will NOT air. It is just two regular Advanced episodes.

*SPOILER*

Ash is going to catch Taillow tomorrow.

12. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Yeah, WB isnt doing the special episodes, at least not yet. Now doesnt that just bite. Glad to hear both will be new. I kinda figured they would (based on the same opinion as ShiningUmbreon).

So then we should see Ash's first capture of the Hoenn League, and the return of an old friend after his (very short) leave of absense

13. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

Didn't get to see the second episode. Could some one please tell me waht happened?

Thanks,

Treecko

14. Dek

Dek New Member

Now just WAIT A MINUTE!!! Didnt his mom die?

Then how will we know how Brock came back into the group? Unless someone watches the Japanese episodes...

15. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

The special episode we didnt get was about Brocks adventure back home in Pewter City, and reclaiming his Gym. The episode where Brock joins back up with Ash was todays first episode, right at the half way mark. He explained he left all his Pokemon but Forretress with his Brother(s) to learn to use them in the Pewter Gym. Also Ash caught a Pokemon....

As far as the second episode, it was new, TG, I missed the first half, but it had this cool/oddball trainer (who had a Mudkip, YAY!!!) who liked to dress up like Pokemon. He caught a Zigzagoon, a fight with TR after they steal Mudkip =( Ash helps get it back, and the show ends with Tailow vs Zigzagoon. I am not sure whether to like this guy, or just disregard him. He dressed up as a Zigzagoon, Mudkip, Aipom, and Gligar. Maybe more, but those are the ones I saw in the second half....

16. Water Pokemon Master

Yeah, his mom did die. I think The Fish King may have just gotten confused or something anjd meant his father. The special with Brock is just about him coming back, yada yada, then making one of his little brothers gym leader.

Apparently, 4Kids will be releasing all the specials on DVD. When people look back on the episode that aired today where Brock says he settled everything at home, people will know what he is talking about when they see the special and say, "Oh, that's what he meant."

17. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

*Spoiler Alert*

Brock Special:

Well, in the special we didnt get (yet). Some woman has taken over Brocks Gym from his dad. This woman is either his a)mom, b)dads new girlfriend, c) Brock's new stepmom.

I doubt it is his mom, probly 1 of the other 2 options. Brock reclaims his Gym, then leaves all of his Pokemon with the oldest of his younger brothers (excluding Forretress of course)

18. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Brock's mother has never died! That was just what everybody assumed because she was nowhere to be seen.

She just left her family behind after her husband left her.

The episode goes like this...

Spoiler Text

Brock returns to Pallet Town because his mother showed up. She wanted to turn the gym into a water gym. Brock and her come to a compromise ant the gym becomes a water and rock gym. The whole reunion goes smoothly and nobody talks about her having ever left. That is until dinner. Brock cooks one of his best meals and his mother is surprized that he is such a terriffic chef. When she asks him about it, he blows up at her.

It went something like this:

"So Brock, how did you learn to cook so well?"

Brock drops his fork. "Where do you think! I had to take care of all my brothers and sisters without any parents there to help me! I had to learn how to cook and clean and sew and all that other stuff that parents have to do! The question is why did I have to learn to cook so well! Where have you been? Why did you leave? It was bad enough when dad left, but you had to as well!"

Etcetera, etcetera...

So there you have it. I know what I'm talking about. He meets his mother.

19. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Hey, The Fish King, I think you meant Pewter City, not Pallet Town. Ash is from Pallet, not Brock.

20. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Brock's mother IS dead, his father, Flint, said so in the 5th episode where Ash meets Brock for the first time.