tyranitar MT

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by garchompx12, Nov 26, 2007.

1. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

this card is actually pretty good and reminds me of the old powerhouse, its ex ancestor from UF. this card, IMO, has some potential. can anyone give me some ideas to combo with it??

2. L00p_H01eS

L00p_H01eS New Member

run the delta forms and flygon delta so u attach to the delta ones then evolve. also great use of castform

3. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

(Ideas from Mr.meches)

He played tar + mantine + catty. Works pretty well with me...

4. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

Too Sloooow

I tried Tyranitar in BR, it is way too slow for the format now. Good luck with it but there are many more faster decks out there for it to be competitive.

5. Black_jirachi

Black_jirachi New Member

I tried it with Mantine and Delcatty too. It was too slow :/
    Maybe the idea with Flygon is good and fast enough

6. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Getting TWO stage 2s set up is hard with our current format and trainers IMHO. It's difficult to get 1 up against some decks let alone two for a combo.

7. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I've tried just attacking with Lucario and Pupitar swarms early game, then transitioning to Tyranitar clean ups.

Problems? Energy. Go figure. And I didn't have a particularly good trainer engine to set up the evolutions. You DO gain some cool advantages such as the ability to play Cessation Crystal though, with such a pokemon line. Spreading damage for a Tyranitar clean up actually can be rather devastating, considering that Tyranitar needs a slight boost to OHKO rediculous pokemon like Blissey. Don't underestimate the crazy free retreating Pupitar (what is wrong with this picture, indeed)...

8. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

I've been trying Tyranitar with Absol from SW. The free-retreating Pupitar is great for getting Absol out T2 (if you didn't start with him) while not wasting any of your energy attachments. Then once Absol dies and Tyranitar comes out, you'll have Mantine d picking up the energy from Absol and putting it on top of your deck to boost Tyranitar's damage and prevent you from discarding anything important. Also you can run techs like Plusle and Minun, or Latilock, or Castform, or Weavile SW for energy acceleration.