UK 2008 - Event Timeline March to May

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events Worldwide' started by ukpokemonpro, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Hi all,

I was getting in a slight fuzzie trying to keep track of up coming events in the UK over the next three months.

With the remaining CC's, Spring BR's, Regionals and Nationals all happening one after the other and sometimes at the same time it seemed fitting to put as many together as I could and just publish them in date order.

So here they are - enjoy and I hope it clears your fuzziness as it did mine :biggrin:

UK Premier Event Timeline

Saturday 10 May 2008
    'South West' State Championship - Exeter
    Clifton Road Games
    16 Clifton Road
    Exeter
    Devon EX1 2BR
    Registration Time: 9:30 AM
    Start Time: 10:00 AM
    Admission: £5.00 for State Championship
    Organiser: Steven Crane Tel: 01392 259 988
    Email: mail@cliftonroadgames.co.uk Web: http://www.cliftonroadgames.co.uk

Sunday 11 May 2008
    North East State Championships
    Hessle Town Hall
    South Lane
    Hessle
    East Yorkshire
    HU13 0RR
    Registration Time: 10:30am
    Start Time: 11:00am
    Entry Fee: £5.00
    Organiser: Ben Hargrave Tel: 07855475313
    Email: acegaming@hotmail.com Web: www.acegaming.co.uk

Sunday 18 May 2008
    Rainham Battle Road and Pre-Release
    Rainham and Wigmore Community Centre
    Granary Close off Station Road
    Rainham
    Kent ME8 7SG
    Cost £5
    Doors Open 12pm
    Tournament Start 1.00pm
    Tournament Organiser: Ben Ward Tel 07949 359750
    Email:benward@gamersguild.co.uk website: www.gamersguild.co.uk

Sunday 18 May 2008
    State Championships - Scotland
    United Reformed Church
    1 Beechwood Road
    Cumbernauld
    Stirlingshire
    G87
    Registration Time: 12:00 PM
    Start Time: 12:30 PM
    Organizer Phone: 07745 539753 Email: pokemon-tcg@blueyonder.co.uk

Saturday 24 May 2008
    Battle Road Manchester
    Fan Boy Three
    17 Newton Street
    Manchester
    M1 1FZ
    Registration Time: 10:00am
    Start Time: 1.00pm
    Entry fee: £5.00
    Organiser: Dave Salisbury
    Tel: 0161 2477735
    Email: enquiries@fanboy3.co.uk
    Web: www.fanboy3.co.uk
    Details: Every player wins at least two Diamond & Peal edition boosters

Saturday 31 May 2008
    Central State Championships
    Phoenix Games
    51 Church Gate
    Leicester,
    LE1 3AL
    Doors open 9.00am
    Registration open: 9:30am
    Tournament start: 10:30am
    Webiste: www.phoenix-games.co.uk

Saturday 7 June 2008
    UK Nationals
    Thistle Marble Arch
    Bryanston Street
    Marble Arch
    London W1A 4UR

Doors Open: 8:30
    Reg Closes: 9:00
    First Round: 10:30

Side Events: Open 10:30
    Side Events close: 16:30

Any questions in regards to this, please email pokemonop@dnagames.org.uk

THIS IS AN OPEN EVENT - NO QUALIFICATION NEEDED!

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

THANK YOU BEN! I was gonna do it but you saved me time.

3. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Great idea Ben, but Hessle still doesn't exist.

- fK

4. Ace_Gaming

Ace_Gaming New Member

And your....31?

5. Illusion

Illusion New Member

Seriously.. Dont you think this has gone on for long enough...

I know you guys think its a joke but its getting beyond that. As a Hull player I find it an insult to me and all my friends abilities, Dont you think you should be nurturing the new players rather than putting them down?

I mean seriously, Just because we havent had any "Outstanding" results at national championships doesnt mean we don't exist as players.. All I'm saying is think before you type. We are all grown ups here, so theres no need for comments like that.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  6. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Cool it guys, no need to be oversensitive. I was only teasing... =p

- fK

7. Dom

Dom New Member

* you're

8. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

No Dom, I believe that '31' is another tease so it is your and not you're. The trouble with a tease like this and 'Hessle' is without seeing the person on the receiving end, or having an established relationship, you have no way of knowing how much offense the tease may give. Hopefully I'm pouring oil on troubled water and not a match to the oily fumes.

9. Ace_Gaming

Ace_Gaming New Member

Exactly. To be perfectly honest I know how it's being said (I hope) and that in itself doesn't bother me. The problem I have that it could be very easily interpretted by somebody else as a reason to avoid our events (especially to someone not accustomed to the gym, a parent for example), which in itself would be unfair and unjustified.

The thing is, most of the people carrying this on are adults or near-enough - they should know that words and actions have consequences; you should really stop and consider how and what you say is going to be interpretted and affect.

Don't get me wrong, I like a sense of humour and a good joke - on a 24/7 basis if possible :wink:
    I don't like to moan; especially don't like things getting like this - it's meant to be a game after all! Like Illusion rightly pointed out, think before you type!

Hopefully getting back on topic now....

Good resource Ben, can we expect to see these dates published in Pokemon World Magazine, and if so do you have any ideas what can go in when?

10. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Should be in the next issue by event - so list of CC's by date then BRs and then Regionals, rather than a by date list.. but they are going in.. :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  11. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Even though everyone missed the irony that Hessle's reputation is being defended by someone named Illusion I do apologise if I offended him, AG or any other of the 14,767 inhabitants unintentionally...

- fK

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

PS You're right Dom.. *awards star*

- fK (still 31) :smile:

12. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Google Freddy K and you get 46,600 results. 35,800 with safesearch.

Google Hessle and you get 556,000. 656,000 with Safesearch. Lol the gap gets bigger

Freddy K doesn't exist.

13. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Obviously you still have SafeSearch on.

- fK

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Google = IRRELEVANT

- fK

14. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Google to decide if something exists??? I just tried a google on flying pigs. Loads of hits for flying pigs.

15. Illusion

Illusion New Member

If google isn't proof enough then maybe pokemon OP is. I can prove to you, Mr Freddy K, that Hessle does exist.

If you look at the 2005-2006 final standings, you will notice that someone from "East Yorkshire" (I.E. Hessle) Places above you in the rankings. If the place did not exist then it wouldnt be possible ;)

And yes.. I know the Irony of "Illusion" Defending the reality of a place but.. meh lol

16. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

While on the topic, just thought i say this:

Name: Google result/Yahoo Result
    Sami Sekkoum: 282/169
    Ian Fotheringham: 121,000/202,000
    Faisal Khan: 123,000/1,500,000
    Dominic Jordon: 171,000/155,000
    Stephen Kish: 351,000/401,000
    Ben Ward: 402,000/26,000,000
    Andy Stone: 410,000/27,900,000
    Hessle: 556,000/939,000
    Andrew Stone: 1,120,000/38,500,000

According to the web, sami doesn't exist.
    Anyway keeping on topic, thanks again ben.

17. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Despite the evidence on the # of topics on Google and Yahoo I refuse to believe that Andy Stone is Bigger than me :wink:

As for Hessle - been there, won that, ate in the really good greasy spoon cafe - It exists people, it's just that for some reason it keeps getting renamed as Hull :lol: - owww.. did I just go there.. I think I did :nonono:

*disclaimer all the above is a joke, apart from me being bigger than Andy Stone - That is a given. None of the above is the official opinion of Ben Ward, ukpokemonpro incorporated or the doesnae foundation. Any character or place names are fictious and any resemblance to real people and places is purely accidental. No pokemon were harmed during the making of this statement.

Tea drunk whilst writing this was supplied by the Yorkshire Tea Company and bought from Tesco. No Sugar was added and Ben was refreshed during the drinking of Tea.

A full transcript of the Tea making facilities in Kent is avaiable on request and can be obtained by writing to: I am a nutter, please rite me a letter enclosing a stamped addressed brick and a cheque for £10,000.

18. Ace_Gaming

Ace_Gaming New Member

Haha, nutter :tongue: but funny so its all good. Tell you what, if you do make it up again you have to try "Taste of Sardinia" or "James Patrick", the latter being the best sandwich shop and delicatesan in the East yorkshire area. Gorgeous.

And you know the reason Ben, your just being awkward about it! :wink:

19. Illusion

Illusion New Member

The thing is with google, despite Sami having the lest number of results, he is the only one who's first google page all links to him lol, some would argue it is that that makes him real and not the number of hits.

Yes I remember you at our CC's last year. I was chuffed that i made it to the finals with a red face paint deck, only to have it handed to me by Flaridos lol. Its all good though :>

On topic: Can't wait for this years CC's, Reginals and everything else lol. And everyone who doubts our existance should come up and play against us. :)

20. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Added Leignton Buzzard a late entry from the Jack Hawkins stable..